2000 Bennington 180s

Mpetz

Reaction score
Bought a 2000 180s a month ago, guy I bought it from said it needs fluid for steering. I’m guessing hydrolic fluid? He showed me a clear tube under the console but I have no idea how to do it, or check for leaks. Any ideas? Is it doable by myself, or do I pay the 160 an hour at the marina? And risk them saying I need this and that oh and that needs to be replaced.

thanks for any info

mike

Jack M

Reaction score
Mine have ( had ) for the Sea Star Steering a small cap on the top of the helm starboard side . Small black cap in the pic . The clear tubes under the helm should be drain tubes from the cup holders .
This pic is from my previous RCW .

1626770501106.png

Bill N

Reaction score
Bought a 2000 180s a month ago, guy I bought it from said it needs fluid for steering. I’m guessing hydrolic fluid? He showed me a clear tube under the console but I have no idea how to do it, or check for leaks. Any ideas? Is it doable by myself, or do I pay the 160 an hour at the marina? And risk them saying I need this and that oh and that needs to be replaced.

thanks for any info

mike
No, you cannot bleed the steering yourself. Someone has to turn steering wheel & add fluid with someone at the bleed valves at the engine.

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!
Let’s se some pics of that boat!!!