2001 2275RL Yamaha F100 Prop Advice

Larry Legend

Reaction score
i’ve recently come to own a 2001 2275 with a 100 HP four stroke Yamaha F100 engine. Full throttle is getting me 5200 rpm and 17 mph on gps. I was expecting a bit faster top speed so took a look at the prop and found some wear and tear. I’d like to replace it and am looking for advice. The current prop is black 3 blade 14 x 13 p. Any advice on what I try / where I should go for advice?

Larry, www.propgods.com might be a good resource for helping determine the best fit for your needs. First I'd determine what the manufacturer recommended WOT RPM range is supposed to be and go from there. Increasing the pitch each inch will generally lower your RPMs by about 200 and decreasing it will increase them the same amount. Hope that helps!

Thanks all!

Propgods get an A+ from me... they recommended a Powertech SWW3 in 12 pitch that I could order through them or if I want to stay aluminum suggested I go OEM Yamaha 13 pitch (which they don’t sell). Trust went way up seeing their second choice was a prop I couldn’t buy from them. Still debating options, but the Powertech seems like a compelling option.

When I bought our current pontoon our friendly dealer let me select any standard (three-blade) Yamaha prop from his stock (some rebuilt, some new). I tried 13, 14 and two 15" props. Of those the 14 and one of the 15s were the best...kept the 15. However I knew slippage was a problem with all of the aluminum 3-blades. Some time ago, I sprung for a 13.8x13 Quicksilver Nemesis (aluminum 4-blade). What a great prop! Was very happily surprised by the performance with a relatively inexpensive prop and nailed the right pitch for our motor/pontoon combination.

When I bought our current pontoon our friendly dealer let me select any standard (three-blade) Yamaha prop from his stock (some rebuilt, some new). I tried 13, 14 and two 15" props. Of those the 14 and one of the 15s were the best...kept the 15. However I knew slippage was a problem with all of the aluminum 3-blades. Some time ago, I sprung for a 13.8x13 Quicksilver Nemesis (aluminum 4-blade). What a great prop! Was very happily surprised by the performance with a relatively inexpensive prop and nailed the right pitch for our motor/pontoon combination.
what motor hp, boat lenth, and top speed, rpms please post results, thanks

what motor hp, boat lenth, and top speed, rpms please post results, thanks
Sure. To expand on my signature, our 2080 RL is a 20' with 23" logs and no wave shield...90 HP 4-cycle Yamaha. It is only rated for a max of 95 HP and was likely designed in the 2-cycle days. In any event, it's no speed demon. The boat is very nicely appointed with a full-width sunpad (read stern heavy). With clean tubes, top end runs between 22 and 26 MPH depending on load, wind and if the parachute is up or down. RPM is a nominal 5500 (desired range 5-6000). Additional trimming up will increase RPM, but results in no speed increase and maybe some loss as slippage increases.

All 3-blade props I have tried have way more slippage than the Nemesis (lower cost Merc Spitefire twin) and less speed in most operations. The Nemesis even shows the same, or better, low RPM speeds than any of the Yamaha aluminum 3-blades (13 trough 15" pitch). Guess that should cover it.....

Last edited:
Back