2013 Get-Together

Would you be interested in participating in a regional Get-Together?

• Yes

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

WoodenPontoon

Reaction score
Trying to determine interest in a Northeast Get-Together for this summer. I'd be willing to help organize one, if there is enough interest.

We might be persuaded to drive up.

My Chrysler Pacifica was able to pull my old boat but cannot haul the Benny; next vehicle will. Since we have a cabin at the lake I don't need to tow as my boat stays in water so as I much as I would love to meet you all in person I cannot attend this year but would possibly do so in the future

I would love to! Don't think I could afford the fuel to tow the Benny all that way! Not to mention could you imagine the BUGS!! Here hope everyone supports it though, it's one more thing that makes Bennington the best, the camaraderie of its owners!!

Hey Dan,

It might just be me and you!! If so, you can come to my lake, but you'll have to drive blind folded since it's a secret place!! :lol: And take something for motion sickness. You're gonna get dizzy driving around in circles in our little pond!!!

Trying to determine interest in a Northeast Get-Together for this summer. I'd be willing to help organize one, if there is enough interest.
Hey Dan............

Thought we were going to Ohio this year??????

I thjnk he's looking into a Bennington only event. I guess you can't sleep either. :wacko:

Love to, but no trailer ...... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Dan............

Thought we were going to Ohio this year??????
Daril, I am still hoping to make the Ohio trip this year. Like Carl said, I was hoping to get the Bennington group together as well.

We're still working on that Bruce. We try to have a get-together each year for the PDB forum members or anyone who wants to go.

Ok guys, I'm looking for a possible lake to host a get-together. Please answer the following questions to help me. Which lake do you boat on in CT, NY, MA, or RI? What is it's approximate size? Is there a public boat ramp? Is there one or more marinas on the lake? Are there rental pontoons available? Are there any restaurants on the lake with docking facilities? Are there any hotels/motels on the lake maybe with overnight slips available? Are there any hotels/motels nearby?

Ok guys, I'm looking for a possible lake to host a get-together. Please answer the following questions to help me. Which lake do you boat on in CT, NY, MA, or RI? What is it's approximate size? Is there a public boat ramp? Is there one or more marinas on the lake? Are there rental pontoons available? Are there any restaurants on the lake with docking facilities? Are there any hotels/motels on the lake maybe with overnight slips available? Are there any hotels/motels nearby?
Gardner Lake, Salem CT, 528 Acres, Free Public Boat Ramp, No facilities on the lake, many area hotels/motels available, nearest marina less than 10 miles in Norwich

I'm in if it's in mass or ct

Cheryl at Brookfield Bay Marina offered to help host an event in CT last year at the marina. She had offered free put in and free slip for the day on Candlewood lake. I don't want to speak for her but chances are good the offer would stand in 2013 if interested. It is a 1st rate marina with great staff on a beautiful lake.

Cheryl at Brookfield Bay Marina offered to help host an event in CT last year at the marina. She had offered free put in and free slip for the day on Candlewood lake. I don't want to speak for her but chances are good the offer would stand in 2013 if interested. It is a 1st rate marina with great staff on a beautiful lake.
That sounds like an excellent (previous) offer. I have always wanted to visit Candlewood Lake. Is there anyone else interested in visiting this lake in north western Connecticut? If so, I can get started on the organizational part of a Get-Together. I would be willing to go up on a Friday evening and leave on Sunday. What type accommodations are nearby the Brookfield Bay Marina? I seem to recall that was on the south eastern end of the lake. What weekend should we consider? Some of you have expressed interest in the event but do not have a means of hauling a boat in. That should not be a problem, as there should be space on some of the boats that do show up. Isn't that why we have roomy pontoon boats in the first place???? I know there are several members actually on this lake.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does this sound to everyone? Weekend of July 12-14 at Candlewood Lake in Connecticut

Please leave some feed back!!!!

I have no plans made yet, but if there is any interest, we can get something cooking.

I know there are several members on Candlewood.

You don't have to bring a boat as there should be room on the boats that do show up. I will tow in for sure!

OK, anything new on a get-together?

There is a proposed date change to the weekend of July 26-28. Check out the related post under Dock Talk.

Let's make this a real fun event!!!!!

Back