2015 2275 GCW Helm Cup Holder Is Useless

You're all mistaken here. That's not a drink holder, it just looks like one. It's really a place to stash your smart phone.

Right up to the time it overheats and shuts down.

If you put a tall coolie cup in the helm located cup holder on this boat the throttle control runs into it., pure genius. What is a good alternative cup holder and location for it that anyone here has come up with. 

Thanks
You should have bought a much larger engine to solve you cup holder issue, then you don't have to use as much throttle ;)

I have the same prob, poor design.

Steve

Perhaps it is Bennington's way of creating P.A.D.s :p

You guys have a different captain seat than I do.

gallery_1200_549_318160.jpg

You should have bought a much larger engine to solve you cup holder issue, then you don't have to use as much throttle ;)

I have the same prob, poor design.

Steve
With 300 hp, I still killed the Solo cup.  Cup goes on floor in my shoe

Twin 300s :)

Steve

You're all mistaken here. That's not a drink holder, it just looks like one. It's really a place to stash your smart phone.
Speaking of which, I put my iPhone 6+ in a cup holder on one of my loungers last weekend and then must have sat/leaned on it. Turns out they DO bend! Replaced under warranty thanks to the 'bendgate' controversy when the last iPhones came out. :)

I have the same seat Carl.........

Wow, $30 for a scotty cup holder. That's steep! I wish there was something that used the same clip as the Taylor Made fender clips but had a cup holder attached. That would be so much better than the ones that stick on the seats and inevitably are always in the way. That or people just fill them with their junk. I don't think they'd be so brave as to store their camera in one hanging off the side of the boat. 

yup -- I didn't buy it for that reason... can't remember but  I think it was the G raised helm...  really sucky position for cup holder -- may work for can of pop   <_<   :rolleyes:   ^_^   :eek:   ;)   :p   :D

Right up to the time it overheats and shuts down.[/the the quote]It is amazing how hot they get in there. I put a koozie on my phone to keep it cool. Upside down. Lol. But it does work.

Has anyone here found a decent alternative to the misplaced 2015 2275 GCW raised helm cup holder, I'm not partial to the two shown above?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I read this thread, I was trying to remember where my cup holder was located. On my boat, it is not a problem at all. I can drop the hammer with no problem. Maybe it is different on the GSR? I do have the upgraded helm and it is raised. Maybe mine is different? On the other hand, where they mounted my Garmin 500 GPS is just plain stupid. It is hard to see. It is mounted low and to the right on the helm and you have to try to look through the steering wheel or around it to see it. My depth gage is on the garmin and it really should be mounted high and in the center.

Cheers, Steve

I don't have a great photo of the cupholder location on my boat, but you can tell in this shot. Is that not where yours is on your G, ssc?

IMG_0218.jpg

Back