2016 25.5 tri toon outer rail

Dfrank330

Reaction score
Trying to clean up the outer aluminum rail on my Tritoon and I don’t know whether it’s got a coating on it or not but it has runs like a chemical run on it. Any ideas how to clean this up and if this is coated aluminum

Mine is an 18 and I’m the 2nd owner. Pretty sure the previous owner cleaner it with something that ate through the finish ina number of places including the top rail. In any case I’m also pretty sure the rail caps are either clear coated or anodized since I haven’t been able to blend the stains and spots in various places. Not sure if trying to re-clear would be successful eith. I simply try to keep them as clean as possible.

Im following to see if anyone here knows something I haven’t tried.

How do you spoke to the factory and they say they are anodized and the only thing I can do is paint them which I am not thrilled about

Check The Hull Truth. Some guys recommend bronze wool and Colonite metal wax, others Sheila Shine. Also found something called Flitz (video below).

From what I can tell you need to find a mild enough product that won't damage the anodization but strong enough to clean/polish. Or just consider them "battle scars" from a well used and enjoyed boat!

Check out this thread where MrG repaired his rub rail.

Last edited:
Back