2017 22 SSRX

DGC

Reaction score
Well, after these 2 threads "20SSRXP with XL115 Performance Package" & "New 2017 22 SSRX" we have finally ordered the new toon, well actually at the Toronto Boat show.

We read through these 2 threads and most of the other recent threads and came up with the below build with the 200HO G2 big block.

1 G2 WHITE PANELS, RED/G

1 FX4 SS PROP/10YR WARR 

1 ROUGH WTR PKG/200HP NA 

1 WINTERIZE/STORAGE 2017 

1 SAFETY KIT -WHITE BUMP 

1 SMOKEY GRANITE, MET WH 

1 CANVAS - SMOKEY GRANIT 

1 VINYL SANDSTONE, CARBO 

1 SEAGRASS SLATE FULL FL 

1 SPEAKER/STEREO KICKER 

1 MOORING CVR STORAGE BA 

1 PILLOWTOP UPHOLSTERY 

1 EXTENDED AFT DECK 

1 SPORTS PERF SYS PONTOO +

1 PORTABLE CUP HOLDERS 

1 BATTERY - DUAL WITH SW 

1 HD RUB RAIL AND PROTEC 

1 LED SS DOCK LIGHTS, BO

1 POP UP CLEATS BOW/AFT

1 G2 RIGGING KIT, HYDRAU

Welcome aboard! Congradulations on your purchase! That'll be a great boat and I'm sure you'll love the performance from  that G2 HO. Pics are required here!!

Welcome to the family. Gonna be a sweet ride!!

Congratulations on the new boat order.  Sounds like a beauty.  Looking forward to pictures.

Congrats on letting us spend your money.  :p  That G2 with the built-in power steering will be awesome!

Yeah, 200 compared to our 150 is so going to kick ass.  We love ours though, lots of room for family & friends or room to kick back.  

Congrats on letting us spend your money.  :p  That G2 with the built-in power steering will be awesome!

Anytime, we stuck with the 20 ft and tried to work with them on a few extras which the local rep according to our dealer thought would be fine but in the end not much was a go. So we went to the 22 ft and up until a couple of weeks ago it was being powered by a 150, the dealer worked hard with Evinrude and got the 200 HO at a very good price so we flipped the 150 out for the 200.

The boat shold be in first week or so of may I will grab a few pics as soon as I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats for taking the plunge.    We both input orders at about the same time.   Did they give you an approximate delivery time? 

Let the waiting begin.

Welcome to the Bennington family.  You are going to have a great summer.  Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Sweet build. And good call going up to the 200. 

Welcome to Club Bennington, DGC! It looks like you've got a sweet build on the way. My only recommendation would be a box of googles for you and your passengers, because that thing is going to fly!

A 22' with a 200HO should be a rocket ship! My 200 on a 24' is pretty impressive.  

Welcome to Club Bennington, DGC! It looks like you've got a sweet build on the way. My only recommendation would be a box of googles for you and your passengers, because that thing is going to fly!

Googles on order! 

Welcome to the group. You'll absolutely be happy that you got that 22 over a 20. And the G2 200HO is an awesome motor for that boat. What type of gauges come with the G2 rigging? And did the dealer talk to you about a I-Command setup?

Hey DGC, which lake are you on?

And what was the cost differential between the 150 and the 200 HP?

Paul

Welcome to the group. You'll absolutely be happy that you got that 22 over a 20. And the G2 200HO is an awesome motor for that boat. What type of gauges come with the G2 rigging? And did the dealer talk to you about a I-Command setup?

Thanks, the gauges are I think 3.5 inch analog with the digital insets to display fuel mileage etc. All of the NMEA 2000 data apparently, I asked about the 4,3 rectangular gauge but with the curved dash they said it could not be installed. I kind of like the round gauges anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey DGC, which lake are you on?

And what was the cost differential between the 150 and the 200 HP?

Paul

We are on Fairy\Vernon\Peninsula lakes in Huntsville.

The dealer ended up getting us a very good deal on the HO it was 3599.00 over the price of the 150 with the 10 year warranty and the RX4 prop. This was pretty much the standard price of the small block 200 so we were happy.

We are on Fairy\Vernon\Peninsula lakes in Huntsville.

The dealer ended up getting us a very good deal on the HO it was 3599.00 over the price of the 150 with the 10 year warranty and the RX4 prop. This was pretty much the standard price of the small block 200 so we were happy.

That RX4 prop is supposed to a great prop for that G2. Another great thing is that the motor needs no break in time like a 4 stroke. Give her hell from the get go!

That RX4 prop is supposed to a great prop for that G2. Another great thing is that the motor needs no break in time like a 4 stroke. Give her hell from the get go!

Drive it like you stole it! I tried one of those props on my G1 200 and just not enough oomph to get the RPM I needed. But man did thing grab the water!!

Back