2018 Mooring Cover/Solid Keels

Calypso

Reaction score
We recently toured the factory in anticipation of building our 20SSRX.

Learned that the mooring covers on the 2018 boats have eliminated the snaps at the bow. The cover now extends only to the forward rail and clips all around.

All keels will be solid (no longer an option).

The tour was well worth the trip from Florida... highly recommended.

Thanks for the info! Always learning something new on here! :)

Learned that the mooring covers on the 2018 boats have eliminated the snaps at the bow. The cover now extends only to the forward rail and clips all around.

Well, that certainly answers my question as to why my mooring cover (on my 2018) only covers the playpen, while my neighbors' Bennys 2017 and earlier extend all the way to the rub rail of the bow.

Thanks for the info...

All keels will be solid (no longer an option).

The tour was well worth the trip from Florida... highly recommended.
I think not covering the bow is a mistake. Pontoons sit low in the back so any rain will now just run into the boat under the gate and fencing (if you are not in a covered lift/slip)

With the new mooring covers not extending over the front deck, will rain on the front deck run back into the boat or did they address that somehow?

I think not covering the bow is a mistake. Pontoons sit low in the back so any rain will now just run into the boat under the gate and fencing (if you are not in a covered lift/slip)

I agree. That's what I like about the mooring cover on mine. I put it on, then extend the trailer jack as far us as it will go, which keep the rain from entering the boat from the stern. I don't believe I would like the "playpen only" cover. I imagine there would be a very moldie deck on those that are kept covered for longer periods of time.

Our tour guide explained that the universal shift to vinyl decking (vice carpet) drove the mooring cover design change, plus the elimination of the dreaded snaps.

Our new 20SSRX is sitting at the dealership, still in it's shrink wrap, awaiting completion of our new dock. It's tough to keep from sneaking a peek!

The switch to vinyl flooring makes sense as standard. Carpet can look nasty after a while. I'm glad we have the full vinyl with snap in carpet so we can enjoy the best of both worlds.

I know one thing, we had a couple torrential rains early in the season, uncovered boat, no signs of moisture. Last year on carpeted boat, I swear the carpet never completely dried the whole season. Plus the mold that would grow under the rails .... :mad:
I LOVE our seagrass !!!!

I know one thing, we had a couple torrential rains early in the season, uncovered boat, no signs of moisture. Last year on carpeted boat, I swear the carpet never completely dried the whole season. Plus the mold that would grow under the rails .... :mad:
I LOVE our seagrass !!!!

+1 on Loving the Sea Grass! It is so easy to clean and the boat always looks sharp. It is a great look.

Absolutely love our snap in carpet. I pull it out and Rug Doctor it a couple of times a season and at the end of the season before putting it away in the garage for winter. As for the rest of the vinyl floor,just power wash off the dirt. Still looks great after seven years!

Does anybody have a pic of the new playpen cover that doesn't cover the bow?!?

+2 on the Sea Grass!! That stuffs great!

Back