2022 20LLG - Fuel and Trim Gauges Inaccurate

Well said! Thanks for info. Now if I can keep my hands off until end of weekend.

@Timdelta Just curious - Is your dealer upgrading you to a Simrad bc the current gauges are inaccurate and its the only way to correct the issue or are you paying additional cost for the Simrad upgrade?

I bought the boat with a Simrad go-12. The gas reading that comes off of a float sender is not real accurate, the cl-5 that comes with Yamaha is accurate to the ounce. Those videos have boosted my confidence to mess with some settings.

Sorry @Timdelta got mixed up..... question shouldve been to to dclboater

My dealer has been really good at trying to resolve the issue, but having not yet been able to resolve after trying multiple fixes, we will be switching to a different type of gauge. Mine came with the digital vee three gauges and I am switching to a Simrad go7.
dcl - is your dealer upgrading you to a Simrad bc the current gauges are inaccurate and its the only way to correct the issue or are you paying additional cost for the Simrad upgrade?

I j filled mine up today 33 gallon tank ,Simrad read 20.8 ,I added One Five Gallon can ( would not take any more ,about 5.5 gallons ) . I stopped by my dealer ,he agrees that it has to be the float / sending unit .
1655391497566.jpeg

1655391564003.jpeg

I j filled mine up today 33 gallon tank ,Simrad read 20.8 ,I added One Five Gallon can ( would not take any more ,about 5.5 gallons ) . I stopped by my dealer ,he agrees that it has to be the float / sending unit .
View attachment 32853

View attachment 32854

There is a calibration function in your Simrad, it asks that you set an empty setpoint and a full setpoint and then the Simrad supposedly calculates the rest.

If the actual float is shot that's a different issue, but all the more reason to explore setting it up so you're getting fuel consumption from the engine (my 2 cents).

The dealer and myself have both recalibrated it ( I haven't done empty ) . That's why he also thinks its the float .If I go into the "fuel used " its right on with what I have added up to the current fill . I have some warranty parts coming next month I'll have the dealer look at it again .

Sorry @Timdelta got mixed up..... question shouldve been to to dclboater

dcl - is your dealer upgrading you to a Simrad bc the current gauges are inaccurate and its the only way to correct the issue or are you paying additional cost for the Simrad upgrade?
My dealer agreed to make the switch since they could not get the original gauges working correctly. Cost wise, the vee three gauges and the Simrad Go7 are almost the same (at time of order), but I'm sure they will have some costs in parts and obviously labor to switch everything out.

I would classify this as a warranty claim. Of course you should pay or be refunded the difference between the Simrad and other gauge setup. The labor and all other parts should be covered under warranty. They have the responsibility to supply you with a working system and therefore a warranty issue. One could even make a fair argument that no matter what it’s all warranty.

I would classify this as a warranty claim. Of course you should pay or be refunded the difference between the Simrad and other gauge setup. The labor and all other parts should be covered under warranty. They have the responsibility to supply you with a working system and therefore a warranty issue. One could even make a fair argument that no matter what it’s all warranty.
I am guessing you are right and that this is being covered by warranty.. My dealer is good to work with, but I'm not sure if they would have been so quick/willing to do it without some assistance from Bennington. Out of curiosity I'll check with them when I go in next.

Back