2022 Q - it's finally gonna happen!

Love it!! If you don't have a sense of humor about this type of thing you'll go crazy.

If the Arch is on hold cancel it, we hate our arch, I wish I had a double or even single 12' Bimini.

Attachments

• 64850779439__8B395508-0392-4C7E-AF99-0EEFB1F9FA10 - Copy.jpeg
    64850779439__8B395508-0392-4C7E-AF99-0EEFB1F9FA10 - Copy.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 34
We wanted an arch when we bought in 23R in 2016, but there was a low bridge going to a friends house so we didn't. That bridge has now been rebuilt and raised. We really like the arch, but don't have one yet so we will see. We love the current bimini, but hate the look of the double bimini. Instead we are getting the stowable sun shade with this one. The bigger issue now is getting the fiberglass front for the new Q's. They have had issues getting those due to parts shortages.

I had an Open Arch on my RCW , they only thing I didn't like was the added weight ,since I only had a 150 on it .I was going to bump it up to a 200 but it wasn't cost effective .

Could you elaborate ? Why do you hate it ?
It is right in the way, side gate you have to duck under it. It is very hard to put ropes on for pulling tubers. I cannot see any purposes other than looks cool. I had dealer tell me it was almost impossible to remove it as it was going to cost me 5k. It really impresses others, which I am not really into that.

It is right in the way, side gate you have to duck under it. It is very hard to put ropes on for pulling tubers. I cannot see any purposes other than looks cool. I had dealer tell me it was almost impossible to remove it as it was going to cost me 5k. It really impresses others, which I am not really into that.
I have always believed looks would be about all it's good for. I hear ya.

I have always believed looks would be about all it's good for. I hear ya.
Also the shade is not as much as a 10' Bimini.

Love the look of a tower, but always thought it would be too little shade when the bimini is needed. Likewise, I hate the look of dual bimini! We fortunately live far enough north not to need it - thank goodness.

Good to have the various options available through Bennington for the diversity of owners, climates we all boat in, styles we all like, etc..

No doubt about it though, every time I see one with a sport tower, I think to myself “that boat looks so :cool:!”

I think the tower looks pretty cool! Not to sure about it's functionality other than to hook up the tow rope for skiing/wakeboarding/tubing. Also to install speakers. The look of a double Bimini isn't my favorite but when my wife had a bout with skin cancer a few years ago sitting under that DB with all that shade is a good thing and probably the best option for us regardless of what it looks like!

My Open Arch had a large label/sticker on it " No Tubes " . There is too much resistance

Agreed: Tower is Wow (and does greatly improve towing) Double Bimini is a must in hot places (mine is up all summer on lake or at dock).

Weekly call with Bennington rep today. Still waiting on one seat (one came in damaged) and fiberglass front end. They are committed to having it to me before the boating season starts (that's march in SC). Since it was originally due last September, tried to get them to throw in a trailer. Not gonna happen, but they are honoring the price that was quoted last May...sigh...

No surprise as they don’t sell trailers, as they are a dealer item. Best you could hope for is upgrades or discount. Personally, with today’s issues, I’d be surprised of any company making any concessions. Once you start that, it’d never stop. With today’s social media, that cat would be out of the bag lickity split and phones would be ringing off the hook.

No surprise as they don’t sell trailers, as they are a dealer item. Best you could hope for is upgrades or discount. Personally, with today’s issues, I’d be surprised of any company making any concessions. Once you start that, it’d never stop. With today’s social media, that cat would be out of the bag lickity split and phones would be ringing off the hook.
6 Years ago, when I ordered my Q, Bennington totally blew it. My boat was due in July and they didn't tell us it wasn't going to arrive until a few days after it was due. I had already sold my boat the day it was due (because they never even told the dealer it wasn't coming). The dealer gave me a loan, and Bennington paid for a trailer. Times have changed though - trailers are 3 times more expensive then they were then and the world is a different place. I never expected they would, but it never hurts to ask :)

6 Years ago, when I ordered my Q, Bennington totally blew it. My boat was due in July and they didn't tell us it wasn't going to arrive until a few days after it was due. I had already sold my boat the day it was due (because they never even told the dealer it wasn't coming). The dealer gave me a loan, and Bennington paid for a trailer. Times have changed though - trailers are 3 times more expensive then they were then and the world is a different place. I never expected they would, but it never hurts to ask :)
You're right it never hurts to ask! When we bought our current boat (at the beginning of the pandemic) we asked for an installed Simrad, double Bimini and a trailer to close the deal. We got the first two and a deep discount on a galvanized trailer.

Just out of curiosity, did they mention where the fiberglass bow comes from ?
Local ,another state or on one of the ships off the west coast ?

Just out of curiosity, did they mention where the fiberglass bow comes from ?
Local ,another state or on one of the ships off the west coast ?
Nope, all he said was the expect it anytime.

Back