2022 Q - it's finally gonna happen!

Hopefully mine arrives at the same time
Me too, My build date is this Friday. I haven’t heard of a delay except for motor, which may be May-Jun.

I spoke to a rep at Bennington today ,the fiberglass bows are made locally

Today is supposed to be my day for my Q. Haven’t heard a thing. I guess I will stop at dealer on Monday and see if he has any news or idea on when it may be a complete package with motor.
Do you ladies and guys think prices are still going up on all pontoons? I’m contemplating buying a used toon to use till mine comes in and hopefully it’s a low cost transaction from buying to reselling. I’d to love to hear opinions and gather ammo for the wife discussion that’s coming. She says just rent them in meantime, but it’s just not the same or I think cheaper after 6 plus rentals.

Even though you will pay more for a used now . The shortage still exists

Today is supposed to be my day for my Q. Haven’t heard a thing. I guess I will stop at dealer on Monday and see if he has any news or idea on when it may be a complete package with motor.
Do you ladies and guys think prices are still going up on all pontoons? I’m contemplating buying a used toon to use till mine comes in and hopefully it’s a low cost transaction from buying to reselling. I’d to love to hear opinions and gather ammo for the wife discussion that’s coming. She says just rent them in meantime, but it’s just not the same or I think cheaper after 6 plus rentals.
Will your dealer loan you one in the mean time?!?

Good question I’ll ask. Thanks I thought about buying one from him and see if would offer a firm buyback price with a agreed upon hour usage limit. If prices are still going up it could be deal for him and cheaper than rentals for me.

Will your dealer loan you one in the mean time?!?
My dealer loaned me a boat to use all summer 2020, It was a preordered 2019 that the guy did not want, so they shipped it to me and let me break it in and keep all summer till my new boat got in.

Most dealers, don't have enough inventory to loan one . New or used

Yep I agree, no way to compare 2020 to now. Used ones sell in about a week.

My dealer has been taking consignments ,they are usually gone the same day

Our dealer loaned us one in 2016 for 3 months since bennington messed up my original R order. But they have already told me don't sell my boat until the new one comes in as they have no inventory for loaners.

I spoke to a rep at Bennington today ,the fiberglass bows are made locally
That would make me assume that any Q that was scheduled to go to build after my boat is not in the process yet.

My dealer didn’t even drop a demo. in the water this year. They didn’t need to. They were selling them sight unseen (other than pics and online videos). I’m in south central Pa. They had a buyer from AZ. and another from Florida come for Benningtons. Another drove from Georgia to buy a 9.9HP Yamaha.
I highly doubt your dealers going to have a loaner, but then again, if he has a beater, for a “Q” sale, I’d be lending it out!

Not necessarily , for example if the color of furniture you ordered is late ( or waiting on your damaged replacement ) They are not going to stop production on the next one .
That would make me assume that any Q that was scheduled to go to build after my boat is not in the process yet.

Not necessarily , for example if the color of furniture you ordered is late ( or waiting on your damaged replacement ) They are not going to stop production on the next one .
Good point. I'll be talking to our rep tomorrow to get a weekly status. On our last call last week he did commit to having the boat to us "by the time the season starts". Tomorrow I'll remind him the season start in March in SC.

Our season starts later and is more weather dependent on a year to year basis .So far we have had a mild winter which usually means earlier boating .

My boat was ordered in July delivered to my dealer in December but no motor as of yet dealer said mid April I hope so.

Yikes. What motor? I have a white Yamaha 300 dec on order. Boat was to be built yesterday. Delivery? Motor?

Some manufacturers currently have disclaimers on their sites specifying they will not be held responsible for the huge delays in getting Yamaha engines.

Last year Yamaha provided a 150 loaner to one of my dealers customers who ordered a 350 . I asked him if they were doing that this year . Nope.

Back