2022 Q - it's finally gonna happen!

My lift if 9.5 feet wide, so I have 6" to spare on each side. Try getting on that lift with a slight wind! Have you accidentally gunned the digital throttle yet?

My lift if 9.5 feet wide, so I have 6" to spare on each side. Try getting on that lift with a slight wind! Have you accidentally gunned the digital throttle yet?
This is how I felt when we had a lift. Not the main factor in me selling it and getting Sea Legs, but since changing my life is SOOOO much better when docking. So much better. I do not miss parking in a lift one bit. Will never go back.

My wife is the throttle burst person, she has dropped me to the floor at least two times now. Boy is that throttle nice though. Do you use the speed or rpm control on it? My delivery captain poopoo’d it, but I like it a lot. I had my lift made for a 11ft beam ( next one) but the guide bars are set about 1 inch (at most) bigger than the boat, so I have a have inch to spare. That tight spacing seems to be the norm down here. I wonder why? I just figured everyone was like that.

My wife is the throttle burst person, she has dropped me to the floor at least two times now. Boy is that throttle nice though. Do you use the speed or rpm control on it? My delivery captain poopoo’d it, but I like it a lot. I had my lift made for a 11ft beam ( next one) but the guide bars are set about 1 inch (at most) bigger than the boat, so I have a have inch to spare. That tight spacing seems to be the norm down here. I wonder why? I just figured everyone was like that.
My guide posts are set with about 1 inch to spare on each side as well, but they are just PVC posts so they do get bounced around a bit. We mostly park on the dock until we are done for the weekend, then it's put in the lift and covered. I've gotten pretty good at it and can pull it right in unless we get a good wind going. Then it just stays on the dock for a bit.

I’m getting better also but still difficult. I sometimes get a very close up view of neighbors giant anchor on his 43ft trawler. Then it’s usually followed by wife saying we shouldn’t have bought lift.

That's a kind of what I found too. The Simard cover is included with the standalone device. What I was thinking of doing and just started looking is getting a console cover. I keep the entire boat covered and under a roofed dock at home but would like a cover for either just the dashboard, the helm or something. I want to keep prying eyes off what others my desire when we stop for lunch or overnight when traveling. I welcome any thoughts. Thanks Dave
I took big piece o brown paper and cut/folded to form a template for my dashboar. Took the template to the canvas guy and he made one. Once I got it back I install the male snaps to the dash. I love it. I don’t always cover my boat and like you said it keeps the roaming eyes off of it as well as the weather. I will send a picture soon.

Back