2022 SSRCX Ignition Switch issue

Wamplers Lake

Reaction score
I went to put the key in the ignition yesterday and the center of the switch went into the console. The outer part with the on,off,start is still there and a cylinder inside the console is there, just the part we’re the key goes is gone. Does anyone know how remove the outside part of the switch and access the inside were the switch went.
Thanks

You might access by crawling into helm, or if I remember correctly, I think my plate is just held on by some screws.

If it's a Yamaha ignition switch like Semp said above take out the 4 screws for the mounting plate and pull the entire assembly off. You should see where there is a mounting thread and nut for the part that fell out.

If that doesn't help take a picture and post so we can try to diagnose for you.

I talked with my dealer today and here is the access and how to fix it on my 2022 SSRCX. With Mercury ignition.
1 remove speaker on side of console by we’re your right foot is while driving, the outer cover snaps off to access the screws. You can now access the ignition switch from the speaker hole.
2 carefully remove the outer black plastic ring on the ignition it just snaps off by working a flat blade screwdriver under the edge. Then work the plastic cover with the Off,Start,On, writing on it off the same way.
3 now you have access to the nut that holds your ignition switch in. Put the ignition switch back in the hole and tighten the nut back on it. Reassemble and your good to go.

I went to put the key in the ignition yesterday and the center of the switch went into the console. The outer part with the on,off,start is still there and a cylinder inside the console is there, just the part we’re the key goes is gone. Does anyone know how remove the outside part of the switch and access the inside were the switch went.
Thanks
I had the whole switch fall into the console as well. On my 2022 SXRS there is a plastic ring that holds the ignition switch, there is also a plastic plate that this mounts too. Remove the 4 screws and lift the plate which will give you access to your ignition switch. Insert the switch into the hole, screw on the plastic nut. Place the plate in position and reattach your 4 screws.

Back