2023 College football thread

I may not be a 'Bama fan, but this right here is the ultimate college ball experience...without a single snap.

Yea, that's one of the good ones.

In case anyone can't hear what the fans added to the original song, I found this on the web:

Spend my dollar (ON BEER),
Parked in a holler 'neath the mountain moonlight (ROLL TIDE),

Spend my dollar (ON BEER),
Parked in a holler 'neath the mountain moonlight (ROLL TIDE),
Hold her uptight (AGAINST THE WALL),
Make a little lovin' (ALL NIGHT),
A little turtle dovin' on a Mason Dixon night (F**K AUBURN),
Fits my life (AND LSU), oh so right (AND TENNESSEE, TOO),
My Dixieland Delight.

Thanks, I was trying to cypher that out.

Meeshegan puts the hammer to khaki pants!!!! Self-imposed penalty to keep the NCAA dogs at bay. Good move on their part with the 3 game suspension. Lets see.......Game 1- East Carolina, Game 2- UNLV, Game 3- Bowling Green. All of those games he would have napped through anyhows.

Week 0 in the books.

Is Notre Dame the real deal? Or is Navy just that bad? I think probably both. Hartman looked great, but can he replicate that performance against a rated defense?

I believe USC offense is for real, but they did allow a soft San Jose State to score 28 points, so certainly a real team will hang with them.

It was just good to watch some college football, life is good again! Thursday cannot come soon enough!

Who else watched the Huskers at the Gophers last night?
Can't think of a better way to kick off week 1!
It appears that the curse is still alive and well in Lincoln!

That was my primary game last night. Talk about a lot of missed opportunities by Neb. Gophers did a nice job staying poised down the stretch to snatch back victory.

Who else watched the Huskers at the Gophers last night?
Can't think of a better way to kick off week 1!
It appears that the curse is still alive and well in Lincoln!
Sorry Bill! We've been pretty much watching US Open tennis in prime time lately!

I'm sure it could be better, but I'm happy!

Attachments

• 20230902_191459.jpg
    20230902_191459.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 6
Week one never fails to provide upsets...
FSU over LSU
Northern Illinois over Boston College
Texas State over Baylor
Fresno State over Purdue
But the show stopper of the weekend hands down is Colorado Buffaloes over TCU!
So good to have Football back!

There were some great games sprinkled into the mix for labor day weekend. Looking forward to many more great games ahead and what the 2023 season has in store. I most enjoyed the MSU game of course, but outside of that the CU over TCU and FSU over LSU were the other top entertaining games I watched.

I wont have really any real opportunity the next three weekends to catch any College Football. I am however looking forward to catching up when we return from our anniversary trip. Until then, enjoy all the great college football games my Bennington friends. Going to be some exciting ball being played the next few weeks!

I love the bold pre-game trash talk, especially when it backfires!

1693840377493-png.408435

1693840231040-png.408434
TCU.pngTCU 2.png

One of the biggest surprises, other than Colorodo, was the FSU beat down of LSU. Time will tell if FSU is that good or LSU was overrated!

How about Duke beating Clemson?
This one might have topped all the other surprise upsets. Not a Duke fan, but I did get some enjoyment out of seeing them run off 15 points in the 4th to seal the deal.

Sooner or later there will be one big college football conference similar to the NFL style and break away from the NCAA completely. There is way too much money to be made and the universities know that. The college football system is just the minor leagues for the NFL so the players get time to develope their skills and how many talented players stay all four years. Having known some kids that went to the power conference schools, it is all about the next level and I am not talking college. Their eyes are on the league even as 18 year olds.

Back