2023 College football thread

An exciting game. Frustrating on my end. Could not believe we didn’t pull it out in regulation, let alone overtime. Lots for us to fine tune, and fine tune fast!

JMU has some really good players, and I can certainly see why they are favored to win their conference.

What in the heck is going on at JMU?
Their athletic department is on a mission!
Their AD deserves a bonus!
They even beat the #1 soccer team in college soccer last week! Yep, he should get a raise!

An exciting game. Frustrating on my end. Could not believe we didn’t pull it out in regulation, let alone overtime. Lots for us to fine tune, and fine tune fast!

JMU has some really good players, and I can certainly see why they are favored to win their conference.
Yeah I saw your star guard. Had a chance to win it at the end of regulation!

Well, your thoughts on the Harbaugh situation......

I think Harbaugh has an increasingly questionable and sorted history in terms of compliance. And the extent of this and how systematic it “appears” to be is unacceptable in my mind. I think the hammer always needs to come down on these sorts of issues. I doubt it does for Harbaugh and Michigan much beyond this BigTen punishment, but we’ll see.

And I know this doesn’t carry much weight from a Spartan fan, but this is not a hating on U of M thing for me. Our former coach, Tucker, sabotaged our season due to his repugnant behavior, and canning him was more than appropriate. I have a high bar with this stuff, and if someone making that kind of money, for a premier institution, that prides itself on ethics cannot run a clean program…well then, you gotta walk the walk and talk the talk…or walk your rear end out that front door.

The hypocrisy of U of M and their fans right now, and my Michigan alumni brother, are just mind boggling to me. Glad the court order was acted upon and Cheat’n Jimmy is sitting out todays game. If Michigan actually lived up to their ”standards” they would part ways with him. He increasingly brings a lot of compliance baggage that clearly indicates how he operates.

So many conflicting stories out there:
Harbaugh didn't know but is being punished.
Harbaugh did know but isn't being punished enough.
Harbaugh didn't know but the AD won't fall on that sword, so is forcing Harbaugh to.
Harbaugh and the AD knew, but the AD will sacrifice Harbaugh then try to save face.

I'll reserve judgment until all the findings come out after the full investigation concludes.
If Harbaugh is as guilty as everyone is making him out to be prior to all the facts and findings emerge, then I'll trust the B1G and NCAA for appropriate punishment/fines.

Does David Braun deserve to have "interim" removed from his title or what? {Northwestern Wildcats)
Talk about taking a hot mess and turning it into something!

On the other end, Fickell's seat is already getting a bit warm. What a disappointment. Jim Leonhard has to be laughing.

Starting to look like Iowa will take the West, but NU has certainly played better than I think most people expected given circumstances. And how ‘bout those Spartans!?! :p o_O

Cannot get to the end of this season fast enough! Our A.D., Haller, better be able to recruit a dynamic head coach and coaching staff. We need big changes!

Sorry that MSU had a tough season! Im sure they'll make the necessary changes that need to be made. I was beginning to think Maryland wasn't going to be bowl eligible after losing 4 games in a row. But they squeaked one out against Nebraska to make it to 6 wins!

Sorry that MSU had a tough season! Im sure they'll make the necessary changes that need to be made. I was beginning to think Maryland wasn't going to be bowl eligible after losing 4 games in a row. But they squeaked one out against Nebraska to make it to 6 wins!
6 wins in the East is an accomplishment!
There are some FCS teams that could win the West however.

College Game Day is going to be at JMU this Saturday November 18th!!!

Maryland has a good team. Totally with Bill. 6 wins and being in the East is solid. Solid!!! That was a great win over Nebraska this past weekend to lock up that bowl eligibility.

$77 million! Jesus! Crazy money!!!

Back