2023 College football thread

Yeah. The announcement from the Athletic department was the “coaching staff as been relieved of duties”. Not sure if “some” are acting within roles, or if it’s just - you’re all outta here. Truth be told, most, if not ALL, need to go and a full cleaning of house frankly. My ONLY reservation is potentially retaining 2-3 specific assistants that may still be very helpful with Midwest recruiting.

M Go Blue. What a game! Ryan Day made some bad decisions that might have costed him a win.

Attachments

• Gladiator 1.jpg
    Gladiator 1.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Gladiator 2.jpg
    Gladiator 2.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Overall record.jpg
    Overall record.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 6
Great game Michigan!!!

Awesome news on JMU. However, the reason is sad. Should have been eligible period! 11-1 should NOT be dependent on too many other teams having bad seasons and then the NCAA letting them in simply to bail out the bowls matchups.

The new era in MSU football has begun. We officially hired former Oregon St head coach Jonathan Smith, and relieved our coaching staff of their duties. May the new Era begin!

View attachment 35123
As a UW Husky fan, MSU is getting a great coach in Smith. Pisser we are going to continue to face him in the Big 10 going foward. Always gave us fits playing his beavers.

Not sure who all has read or seen conversations on the "Ultimate Troll Job" by Michigan with the flyover on Saturdays game. Typically a flyover is Fighter jets, helicopters, or C130's etc. This past Saturday a P8 Poseidon flew over the big house as the pregame attraction. The P8 is not only a ASW (anti sub warfare), its mission is also ISR (Intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance). While I love the fact that it could be a Troll by Michigan to say FU to the BIG10 and the sign stealing debacle that clouds U of M's season, I did see evidence from August 2023 that it had already planned the P8 flying over at the OSU game well before the Oct coming out where Michigan was under suspicion.
Still hilarious though.

Attachments

• Michigan-Ohio-State-spy-plane-flyover.jpg
    Michigan-Ohio-State-spy-plane-flyover.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 2
Toledo wins the MAC over Miami Ohio

Speaking of which, I have really become engaged in the mid week games these past couple years!
No doubt it kills attendance, but the nationwide visibility has to be worth it in my opinion?

Watch Louisville & Florida State. I sense an upset?
Losing their QB really impacts FSU. In light of that, I could see the Louisville upset. That said, FSU is still otherwise pretty stacked. And they’re playing for a playoff spot!?! So many good games, but this one will be interesting.

Ducks over Huskies by 9.5?
Give me Washington and the points.
I lean Ducks in this one after they lost to Washington earlier this season. But Washington does have that playoff spot on the line too. This could be an exciting one that goes down to the wire.

Back