2024 College Football Thread

And now the long, depressing wait begins......................

I will college football. That said, for me the promise of next season is hopeful. I am looking forward to putting the 2023 season behind us! I cannot wait to see how our program does under much needed new leadership. Let the Coach Smith era begin!!!

And now the long, depressing wait begins......................
For me, I’d call that winter in the northern hemisphere. You count down days to football and I count down days till summer. Viva la difference….

I will college football. That said, for me the promise of next season is hopeful. I am looking forward to putting the 2023 season behind us! I cannot wait to see how our program does under much needed new leadership. Let the Coach Smith era begin!!!
I echo that sentiment regarding the Badgers season. Huge disappointment, but toward the end of season showed signs of promise.

Pretty cool. Kalen grew up 45 minutes east of us & Josh Heupel (Tennessee Vols HC) grew up 45 minutes west of us! SD boys have done well!

I would have liked to have him at the helm in Washington as the Huskies come into the BigTen. Best of luck to him. He’s seems like an incredible coach, but talk about a challenge stepping in with Saban departing.

I would have liked to have him at the helm in Washington as the Huskies come into the BigTen. Best of luck to him. He’s seems like an incredible coach, but talk about a challenge stepping in with Saban departing.
Yes.
Bigger opportunity in Tuscaloosa, but riskier as well.

Off topic: BUT 2024 football. The Detroit Lions are in the NFC Championship baby!!!

Please forgive the Thread hijack. Sometimes you have to celebrate when you’ve been cheering for this your entire life, and only experienced it one other time with YOUR Team... Go Lions!!! :cool:

Now…back to our regularly scheduled program. ;)

Off topic: BUT 2024 football. The Detroit Lions are in the NFC Championship baby!!!

Please forgive the Thread hijack. Sometimes you have to celebrate when you’ve been cheering for this your entire life, and only experienced it one other time with YOUR Team... Go Lions!!! :cool:

Now…back to our regularly scheduled program. ;)
Oh yeah love Detroit!!! Happy for Goff, Dan Campbell, and the entire organization! Love their story! I've been picking them every week in the football pools I'm in! Of course I'm rooting for them over the 49ers! But I gotta go with the Ravens overall! Hopefully those 2 teams make it to the Super Bowl!

Cheat‘n Jimmy is back to the NFL. I guess he fled the scene like Pete Carol did when he slipped out of USC for Seattle. :D

Now my snakiness aside, he has been successful everywhere he goes. So, like Pete Carol, he might be able to do something down there with the Chargers.

Cheat‘n Jimmy is back to the NFL. I guess he fled the scene like Pete Carol did when he slipped out of USC for Seattle. :D

Now my snarkiness aside, he has been successful everywhere he goes. So, like Pete Carol, he might be able to do something down there with the Chargers.
I don't care where he goes. But He has won at every level he's coached at!

Last edited by a moderator:
He has more than earned the opportunity. Seems like a good guy. A bit to ”Michigany” for me though. :p

Best of luck to him outside of one particularly game each year. ;) :D

Ha!
We'll see how things go with the brutal 2024 schedule that he'll be facing...Spartans may very well end up with a better W/L record!

Back