2350 RSR - ESP Tritoon with 150 Merc WOT performance?

Eight Waters

Reaction score
I spec'd out a 2014  model 2350 RSR Tri Toon with 150 HP (Merc) 

Can anyone with similar size Tri toon with 150 give me an idea of WOT speed?

Thanks in advance for your input.

You'll want more than a 150.

Others with similar setups are posting 38 mph

You know what I find kinda funny, if you look back a couple years, everyone used to say "150 is the best bang for the buck, 150 is sweet, shoulda got the 150," etc. Now you say you're getting a 150 and everyone tells you to go bigger! Haha in my opinion a 150 is still a great size motor, both cost wise and performance. I think with my 200SHO I was in and around 44-45 WOT, or was it 42? Anyways, a 150 is still a great choice if you want a good performer and a tried and true motor. That all being said, I went from a 90 to a 200 to a 250, but I'm an idiot and that was all about how I wanted to use my boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Link and BulldogsCadillac.

If it does 38 I will be quite pleased. 

I did see a yamaha 150 test report showing 37.6 MPH with ESP.

So that would be great.

Under 35 would be a disappointment.

I understand the bigger horsepower trend but on our chain of 10 lakes (4000 acres with biggest lake at 1000 acres) the extra speed would be rarely desired.

I've had a 48 MPH mastercraft for 20 years and rarely ran over 35. 

So I think I am in a good zone with 150. 

I would also be pleased if the 150 can deliver 20+ MPH range when fully loaded at 75-80% throttle. 

It seems like that would be possible -- I saw one chart with the Yamaha 150 which indicated about 30 MPH at 4500 rpm.

Deduct 1 MPH for each added person would drop it to maybe 20-22 MPH.

Does this make seem about right to you guys?

8 Wtrs

I bet you'll hit high 30's.  i have the 150 on a 2550 gsr with standard toons getting 33mph WOT with 3 people.  I'm not sure if that's good or bad for my setup, but reading your post makes think you'll hit your mark.

My 24 sslx with tritoon sps merc 150 about 4.5 hrs on the motor...4 teenagers 1/2 tank of gas best gps speed I could get was 38mph.

It was easy to hold 25mph....I didn't look at the rpms but it seemed like the engine was not working hard at all.  I'm very pleased with the merc 150.  If I wanted to pull slalom skiers with a boat full of people, might be different but we mostly knee board, wake board, and tube.

Last edited by a moderator:
You wouldn't want to buy a Cadillac with a 4 cylinder motor.  You go for the biggest motor for total performance and resale value.

I feel the same way about tritoon boats.  A R series boat with the ESP hull is a Cadillac (or Lexus) of boats, and it's well deserving of a 250 hp motor.  That's what all the buyers of such a boat would want when looking at a used boat.

A lower cost compromise would be to go with the SPS hull and put a 200 hp Yammie 4 cylinder on it.

Back