24SSLX w/ new 150 H.P. Merc fourstroke

Bigun'

Reaction score
Anyone running a 24SSLX with the new Merc 150 fourstroke? We are considering 32" elipticals with lifting strakes. Also hydraulic steering.

The new Mercury 150 hp Fourstrokes are just getting on the lakes, and you should receive some feedback a little later.

From what I read, the engine is strong in acceleration, plenty fast and relatively inexpensive to purchase. And, you don't have to spend a small fortune to setup the engine like you do with a Verado engine. I understand the new engine vibrates a little at some speeds, and just doesn't feel quite as smooth as the Yamaha 150 hp or Suzuki 150 hp. It'll probably be a fantastic motor for any kind of boat, however.

The 24 SSLX should be good for about 42 mph with a 150 engine, twin ellipticals, waveshield and 4 lifting strakes--3-4 mph more than the higher drag Express Tube Package. The ellipticals also ride great, handle big waves and handle heavy passenger loads well. The tritoons may have the slight edge in handling tight turns (pulling tubers and skiers) and big waves.

Anyone running a 24SSLX with the new Merc 150 fourstroke? We are considering 32" elipticals with lifting strakes. Also hydraulic steering.
I have a 22slx express tube with the new 150 mercury and i love that engine so smooth quiet and powerful the maitnance also looks real easy if you are a do it yourselfer i have only about 5 hours on it so far but i cannot complain about anything i didnt get the hydraulic steering so it is a little bit of a workout on turns with my setup i run 42 mph gps i hope this helps

I have a 22slx express tube with the new 150 mercury and i love that engine so smooth quiet and powerful the maitnance also looks real easy if you are a do it yourselfer i have only about 5 hours on it so far but i cannot complain about anything i didnt get the hydraulic steering so it is a little bit of a workout on turns with my setup i run 42 mph gps i hope this helps
It does and thanks.....

Back