303 fabric guard.

Thats is what I thought also .As long as there are birds & spiders ..................................

I forgot ,I bought 2 gallons .1 for the cover ,1 for the carpet ,Bimini & boot 

Thanks Jack and TYJY for that info.  I'm going to order it soon.  I'll probably skip the cleaner and just get the fabric and aerospace protectants since my boat is new. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jack and TYJY for that info.  I'm going to order it soon.  I'll probably skip the cleaner and just get the fabric and aerospace protectants since my boat is new. 
You are going to need some sort of cleaner periodically since the seats WILL get dirty.  How strong of a cleaner you need will depend on the nature of what gets it dirty.  Bug poop spots can be hard to get off. 

You'll want to occasionally apply the 303 Aerospace Protectant #30350 -- it protects the seats and makes them easier to clean.

You won't need the 303 Fabric Guard #30674 (for the bimini, bimini cover and mooring cover) until the end of the year.  When these things are new they already have excellent protection.  

I have my boat in the middle of a covered dock. The boat is 25' and my slip is 40' so very little if any water would get in with rain and the top only get direct sun when Im out using the boat. Should I still use the stuff??

I would still use it.  Why even take a chance

Is this really a "must do" in putting this on the Bimini top and mooring cover? Does it come with any built-in protection from the factory? Does everyone do this/have any experience with this product?
I purchased a gallon of the 303 Fabric Gaurd and applied it to my playpen cover. I was skeptical, however I am now beyond impressed with how well the product worked. My cover is like new again, water beads up and rolls off, and overall it keeps more moisture out. I think I may start applying it every season.

Can you apply the fabric guard while the cover is installed on the boat, will it seep through and damage the seat cover material??

Thanks in advance

I wouldn't. I treated our convertible top over the weekend and the overspray got on the windows and made a mess. It says to avoid rubber contact etc.I wouldn't want all that on the panels etc.  

I do it while the mooring cover is on the boat and not expedienced any problems

I spray the carpet ,then bring the cover home to spray it while the carpet is drying .

Back