A non Sharkhide observation......

BigKahuna

Reaction score
We had our toons acid washed when we had the boat winterized last fall. I usually apply at least 2 coats of Sharkhide but having the fuel pump replaced coupled with a busy spring.......I just never had the chance to do it. Well our boat has been in the water for about a month now and I can already see a big difference in the appearance of the toons and being able to clean them. The surface has darkened a bit and already has an unremovable waterline mark. It's also alot harder to clean with a sponge. In the past I've been a critic of Sharkhide complaining that the toons discolored below the waterline. But now I see the value of it and see how it actually protects........

I just don’t want the maintenance of it! It has a purpose though for those wanting to keep the toons looking shiny.

Mine have never been shiny with sharkhide ,just makes it easier to wipe off the slime from being in a slip all season .Only maintenance is I get it reapplied every other season

Hey everyone it has been awhile.
When I got my last boat in 2014 I applied 3 coats of shark hide myself before putting it in the water. And have yet to reapply maybe next season.
On the 4th season and still today people ask if my Benny is new.
Yes I store it indoors on a trailer but I have almost 350 hours on it, but sometimes it sits in the water 14 to 16 days at a time. So for me, I would never go without shark hide.
Here is a picture from our campsite today waiting to go in the water. Toons still look almost the same as it did when I picked it up.
Little shady from the trees.

I’m in the same situation as clrd! I won’t go without for our boat. We had ours factory applied and still looking good.

Hey everyone it has been awhile.
When I got my last boat in 2014 I applied 3 coats of shark hide myself before putting it in the water. And have yet to reapply maybe next season.
On the 4th season and still today people ask if my Benny is new.
Yes I store it indoors on a trailer but I have almost 350 hours on it, but sometimes it sits in the water 14 to 16 days at a time. So for me, I would never go without shark hide.
Here is a picture from our campsite today waiting to go in the water. Toons still look almost the same as it did when I picked it up.
Little shady from the trees.

Hey Chris......Boat looks great! How have you and Darcy been???

Thanks. We have been good. Have been busy. Two grandkids now. Currently on a 16 day vacation.
How about you and Diane.

Mine have never been shiny with sharkhide ,just makes it easier to wipe off the slime from being in a slip all season .Only maintenance is I get it reapplied every other season
Agree Jack.....makes it easier to clean.....

All I have to use is a car wash mitt at the sandbar . Worst part is getting between the tubes .

All I have to use is a car wash mitt at the sandbar . Worst part is getting between the tubes .
Same here Jack. Have a hard time getting my fat head in between the toons........

Thanks. We have been good. Have been busy. Two grandkids now. Currently on a 16 day vacation.
How about you and Diane.
Same stuff here Chris......Ha!

I agree a Bennington without Sharkhide would be like not keeping the wheels and tires clean on you vehicles.

I agree a Bennington without Sharkhide would be like not keeping the wheels and tires clean on you vehicles.

Ha...... you never saw my neighbors ..... I don’t think a sponge has ever touched their vehicles.

I knew having a 2 toon would have at least one advantage

When we purchased the triple toon this year the first thing my 8 year old boy said is now we can’t swim in the pirate’s cave (under the boat with a 2 toon). Lol.

When we purchased the triple toon this year the first thing my 8 year old boy said is now we can’t swim in the pirate’s cave (under the boat with a 2 toon). Lol.

That's awesome! Pirate's cove!

Back