Adjustable Seat Pedestal project.

Major K

Reaction score
5E5F4B28-3890-4B41-AEA8-416EA5E5F164.png C1B48DA8-AD11-4E70-8B92-EB5C2BB9FDA2.jpeg 7DAD18A3-09D7-4223-9322-8F237E16F60D.jpeg DBE8403A-D352-4A46-AB14-7CA2A0265079.jpeg E446ECC5-B4D9-4028-B83B-60F4BCEC6AF5.jpeg I finally got around to changing my factory fixed height pedestal to an adjustable height one.
All holes lined up, no drilling no cutting. The factory pedestal sat too low for me.
The lowest setting raised my seat up about 3” which was perfect for me at 6ft 4”. Keep in mind, it is a 3 to 4 beer project. You will also need a helper to hold a screw driver.
14 bolts 9/16 hold the side skirting on and 6 screws and nuts hold seat on. You will have just enough room to get your hand under the skirting to reach the bolts. Someone suggested that you tie a string to ur wrench Incase you drop it, which was a good idea. I also suggest sliding a thin piece of cardboard on top of toons below pedestal when removing nuts and washers just Incase you drop one.

2013 gbr2250 just upgrade mine and love it to an adjustable one from springfield part #1250450-l works great nice to be able to move up or down

View attachment 25466 View attachment 25462 View attachment 25463 View attachment 25464 View attachment 25465 I finally got around to changing my factory fixed height pedestal to an adjustable height one.
All holes lined up, no drilling no cutting. The factory pedestal sat too low for me.
The lowest setting raised my seat up about 3” which was perfect for me at 6ft 4”. Keep in mind, it is a 3 to 4 beer project. You will also need a helper to hold a screw driver.
14 bolts 9/16 hold the side skirting on and 6 screws and nuts hold seat on. You will have just enough room to get your hand under the skirting to reach the bolts. Someone suggested that you tie a string to ur wrench Incase you drop it, which was a good idea. I also suggest sliding a thin piece of cardboard on top of toons below pedestal when removing nuts and washers just Incase you drop one.
Major K, thanks for the pictures, suggestions and narrative of your project as it likely will be helpful for others in the same situation. Glad you're happy with how it turned out!

View attachment 25466 View attachment 25462 View attachment 25463 View attachment 25464 View attachment 25465 I finally got around to changing my factory fixed height pedestal to an adjustable height one.
I just purchased the new pedestal and all the bolt holes line up. However when I am trying to remove the existing bolts, they are through bolted. Any tips on how to remove them and reinstall with the new pedestal?
Thank you

I just purchased the new pedestal and all the bolt holes line up. However when I am trying to remove the existing bolts, they are through bolted. Any tips on how to remove them and reinstall with the new pedestal?
Thank you

2 people, one up one under. If you have under skin you need to remove it to get to the nuts, you might be able to reach from the side if you remove side trim and not have to remove under skin .

2 people, one up one under. If you have under skin you need to remove it to get to the nuts, you might be able to reach from the side if you remove side trim and not have to remove under skin .
Ok thanks, I think I will try and remove the side trim first. Appreciate the help!

Thank you
I bought and installed an adjustable seat post last year. I removed the trim piece that runs the length of the boat between the deck channels and the tube on the helm side. I used locking pliers to hold the nuts below the deck and was able to do it myself. I am getting quite comfortable removing that trim as it seems I’m always modifying something ! I routed the wires for the Magnum jack plate at the same time . I really like the higher helm seat. I wish Bennington offered the powerise seat pedestal that I had on a previous Splendor boat (operates like an office chair).

UpDATE: after removing the side panel it revealed a welded mounting bracket to the pontoon that completely blocked access to the pedestal through bolts.
With that obstacle the only way to access the bolts would be to remove the bottom skin, which is riveted. So I guess I’m just going to have to live with the short factory mounted post.

Wow ,thats too bad. Must be configured differently than ours.

UpDATE: after removing the side panel it revealed a welded mounting bracket to the pontoon that completely blocked access to the pedestal through bolts.
With that obstacle the only way to access the bolts would be to remove the bottom skin, which is riveted. So I guess I’m just going to have to live with the short factory mounted post.

Not sure if you want to go the bolster seat route, but that is an easy and cost effective add on you can do if sitting up a bit higher is important. I have seen the following recommended by some people in the past:

Bolster Buddy Seat

The picture with the tape measure is all the way down correct? So it raises the OEM seat 3". That might be good. I always want to a little more height when people are in front of us or when tubing.

Any issues with the cover or do you just put the back of the seat down?

‘Why not just drill out the rivets, drop panel, and reinstall with rivets. Heck if you don’t have a rivet gun, harbor freight sells a $5 one that will probably work for at least a dozen rivets ... ;)

The picture with the tape measure is all the way down correct? So it raises the OEM seat 3". That might be good. I always want to a little more height when people are in front of us or when tubing.

Any issues with the cover or do you just put the back of the seat down?
Vitiminj: the tape was all the way down and on the lowest setting it is 3“ higher than OEM. Im 6‘4” and was not comfortable sitting that low with the original pedestal. My wife is only 5’4” and needed to be able to see over the console to put the boat on the trailer. No issues with the height interfering with the cover.

I bought and installed an adjustable seat post last year. I removed the trim piece that runs the length of the boat between the deck channels and the tube on the helm side. I used locking pliers to hold the nuts below the deck and was able to do it myself. I am getting quite comfortable removing that trim as it seems I’m always modifying something ! I routed the wires for the Magnum jack plate at the same time . I really like the higher helm seat. I wish Bennington offered the powerise seat pedestal that I had on a previous Splendor boat (operates like an office chair).
Thank you for posting this! I have no idea why Bennington doesn't offer adjustable posts as an option but you saved the day. I have a bad back and needed the captains chairs for fishing but the ones Bennington installed were to short for me making fishing difficult. I just received the Springfield Second Generation Posi-Lock Manual Adjust 2-7/8" adjustable pedestals that you suggested and they fit perfectly into the seat. Unfortunately my benny pontoon is in storage for the winter so I won't be able to replace the existing posts until next spring but I am really looking forward to using them. Thanks again!

2013 gbr2250 just upgrade mine and love it to an adjustable one from springfield part #1250450-l works great nice to be able to move up or down
I installed one last year and love it. Better sight coming into dock.
I use a life safety pad under my feet to make it more comfi in the up position.

Back