Algae stain removal on Pillowtop Dzigno Upholstery

billw6560

Reaction score
Hello,

Living in hot an humid Florida, the freshwater marina's river water quality isn't ideal. We have separate vinyl covers for all the seating, console, etc. However, the rear enclosure cover blew over into the water, and was put back on the enclosure, wet. A week later, the cover was removed to find what looks like some sort of dried mold or algae stain. While it looks like footprints with paint, it's from the wet cover, with the cover showing signs of green algae. We have a 2021 20SLLXP with the Pillowtop Dzigno Upholstery. We tried water and mild disk soap, but the stain remains.

If anyone has any suggestions on what type of cleaning fluids that would removed these stains, without obviously damaging the upholstery, your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

Fabric Stain 3.jpg

No guarantees and use at your own risk, but my black bimini gets white stains that won’t “wash” off. I use Oxiclean spray and wet rag. Stains disappear.
Bear in mind it’s canvas vs. Simtex. I have spot cleaned my Simtex using it too, just not a larger area like you have.

Last edited:
No guarantees and use at your own risk, but my black bimini gets white stains that won’t “wash” off. I use Oxiclean spray and wet rag. Stains disappear.
Bear in mind it’s canvas vs. Simtex. I have spot cleaned my Simtex using it too, just not a larger area like you have.
Thanks I'll try it on a small area to see if that works. Will report back. I too are starting to get those white stains on the black canvas. We're about 30 miles west of the Atlantic, but I don't think salt air would reach that far inland to cause those white stains.

Hello,

Living in hot an humid Florida, the freshwater marina's river water quality isn't ideal. We have separate vinyl covers for all the seating, console, etc. However, the rear enclosure cover blew over into the water, and was put back on the enclosure, wet. A week later, the cover was removed to find what looks like some sort of dried mold or algae stain. While it looks like footprints with paint, it's from the wet cover, with the cover showing signs of green algae. We have a 2021 20SLLXP with the Pillowtop Dzigno Upholstery. We tried water and mild disk soap, but the stain remains.

If anyone has any suggestions on what type of cleaning fluids that would removed these stains, without obviously damaging the upholstery, your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

View attachment 30292
Here is the recommended cleaning steps for Simtex. Others have had good luck with other chemicals but as always use at your own risk and try an inconspicuous spot first. Someone recommended the bottom of the movable cup holders. Good luck.
1624889161357.jpeg
1624889195158.jpeg
what ever you use make sure to rinse good with clean water when you are done.

If you don't have any luck with the instructions posted above, you might consider trying Concrobium Mold Control Spray. I've used it with pretty good results on my flooring and vinyl and because it doesn't contain bleach, you have less to worry about.

Here was all the different cleaning and spec data I could find on Simtex.

Attachments

• Simtex Bennington.pdf
    461.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Simtex PERMABLOK-cleaning-guide-1.pdf
    186 KB · Views: 6
  • Simtex Silvertex Care Cleaning Detailed US.pdf
    620.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Simtex Silvertex Care Instructions Detailed.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 6
  • Simtex SILVERTEX® _ Spradling.pdf
    119.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Simtex_Silvertex_cleaning_7.20.16 Mfg Letter.pdf