All Kinds of Maintenance Products; how's my list?

tyjy

Reaction score
Trying to make decisions about products:

Since the flooring we have is "vinyl" do you think the 303 Fabric and Vinyl Cleaner would work well on the floor for the more stubborn dirt, as well as for the upholstery for cleaning? OR, should I get yet another product something like this Star Brite Deck Cleaner w/PTEF and scrub with a deck brush then rinse w/water.

81aJHwBNswL._SL1500_.jpg

(full disclosure: I TRIED to reduce this SIZE, haha)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000N9Q0PC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2ZJS9CUPOJPZJ&coliid=I1KPW6JYY6M318

Reason for asking is because we will primarily be using our boat for fishing and cleaning the floor will be a regular thing. But even after the weekend w/kids on board I noticed some black shoe marks and normal dirt on the floor. (Bennington does mention a diluted bleach but wondering if that'd be a little toxic to the water if runs overboard as we'll be doing most cleaning while docked?)

ALSO, would you look at this list and tell me what you think? thanks

Trying to make a list of products! Holy smokes there seems to be a lot of stuff for a cleaning collection! This is my list, is it similar to yours?:

Seats/upholstery: 303 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner & 303 Aerospace Protectant

Canvas: 303 Fabric Protectant w/Waterproofing

Motor & Fencing/Panels: Mother's Marine Spray & Wax

Vinyl Flooring & maybe fish station/console: Star Brite Deck Cleaner? (or the 303 upon suggestion or ?)

+

Spray Bottle of dish soap & water (for light/routine cleaning)

Spray Bottle of clean water (for rinsing)

Scotch Brite Grill Brush or Kitchen Wand? pad of some sort to try to keep toons w/Shark Hide clean as possible (Carl posted a picture of a 3x5 pad w/handle but not sure where he got that? Have searched)

Sponges for wiping down toons if at sand bar? (will this work? or is it really the scotch brite pads only?)

Deck Brush (medium bristle?) to scrub vinyl floor if stubborn stains

Tube of Star Brite Snap & Zipper Lubricant

Thanks for your advice : )

If you have seagrass flood covering Bennington recommends a common detergent like Dawn with warm water and medium bristled scrub brush. A household bleach can be used at a 1:10 bleach to water mix sanitize the area as will. Your dealer should have a flyer on how to care for you Seagrass floor covering.    

Thanks Sanity3. We actually do not have seagrass, we just have the full vinyl floor upgrade. It does have some texture to it though, but not too much.

Thought Bennington recommended Fantastic for cleaning the vinyl???

Thought Bennington recommended Fantastic for cleaning the vinyl???
Do they? I've just read so much I don't know anything anymore : / Fantastic would be easier to obtain/cheaper too.

I think it was your boat will look fantastic when you clean it... :/

:rolleyes:  smarty pants

I got the brush like Carl posted at Home Depot in the grill section. Works great on the toons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vinyl Floor Cleaner:

Semper: I read that from TB in my owners manual and see the Fantastic mention under the "Upholstery" section. I know the upholstery is vinyl and so is the floor so I guess that's the same. (Then why not just use the 303 vinyl cleaner I already have maybe?) 

Also from TB I read about the 1/10 bleach solution (for mold), which is what I was questioning about runoff into the river as we keep the boat in the marina. So that's why I was asking if the Starbrite deck cleaner was better (it's got environmental protectants), but I don't know.

Brush:

Can that brush be used if we have Shark Hide? One post I saw where one uses a scotch brite pad like that BEFORE using shark hide (to clean off hard dirt), etc. but not after. Then read one should just use a sponge routinely instead if shark hide. So I'm just a little confused.

Here's Bennington's comment on the Fantastic:

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/topic/680-keeping-your-interior-nice/

Use Fantastic, and your boat will look fantastic.
Do they make Fantastik anymore?  I read that as well and have been trying to find some, but no luck.  I've tried Walmart, Theisen's (farm store), and Target.  Target had some Scrubbing Bubbles brand cleaner that also had a Fantastik logo...maybe they're changing up the branding?  I wish Bennington would specify the active ingredient so I could make sure I'm getting the right stuff.

Back