Alternative to Perko navigation white globe?

citadel

Reaction score
I am sick and tired of replacing this globe every year. Anybody else ever jury rigged an alternative. Perko's material just disenagrates after a season. It's made cheap to be replaced every year and thats B.S.!

Got a pic of which light you're talking about?

I have a different light on mine and it's clear. Looks like a flying saucer.

I am sick and tired of replacing this globe every year. Anybody else ever jury rigged an alternative. Perko's material just disenagrates after a season. It's made cheap to be replaced every year and thats B.S.!
What boat is this on ??

Never jerry rigged one, but properly installed high quality units like Benni uses and never had an issue ?????

Last edited by a moderator:
I had that same Perko cap on my Harris for about 10 years. The biggest issue was water getting in it as there was no gasket on it. Eventually mine cracked and had to be replaced but it probably lasted 7 or 8 years. The new Bennington one Carl references is much better quality.

i have had my new benny home for a couple months even though weather issues have prevented me from getting out much. i did notice the other day that it was full of water. i took the cap off and emtied it but have not tested it yet. is there anything to stop it from getting water in there?

Back