Anchor light adjustable cam

bjpell

Reaction score
Within 2 hrs of receiving my boat, I managed to break the anchor light by lifting the rear seat up into it while the bimini top was down. Any idea where to get a replacement piece (locking cam), or do I need to buy a while new light and mounting assembly? Anyone have luck with a decent aftermarket light?

Attachments

• PXL_20210412_223220064.jpg
    PXL_20210412_223220064.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 54
Semper has the item you want. If you bought that assembly through the dealer, it would be around $120.

When I first read the title of this post my first thought was......... Wow! Somebody is installing an Anchor light adjustable CAMERA. Was getting excited! Ha!

This board is so awesome. I called the dealership yesterday and left a message (waiting for return phone call). I called Perko a few minutes ago and found they won't sell to general public, I must go through dealership. Frustrated, I get on here and start reading posts and noticed my post from last night was answered. Semperfi8387 posts a link to the part I need, awesome..... what an amazing board here.
I ordered the unit with the male pole holder piece on it too that was below for a few bucks more. Thank you soooo much Semperfi8387! Saved me 100 bucks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210413-085226.png
    Screenshot_20210413-085226.png
    391 KB · Views: 23
I didn't know the technical terms for the broken parts, sorry if it was a misleading or confusing title / post.
Actually, I knew exactly what you were referring to; I'd call it the same thing.

That’s what we’re here for!!!

Haven’t installed mine yet but Im going with this one.C4A8883E-52F1-42AC-8DD8-E7EF7C83197A.png

It’s base looks and feels more sturdy than the OEM and the price was right to at least try it out.

To the OP, I’ve had my dealer replace two of the bases since the boat is under warranty...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 18
I thought if I broke it and clearly I did, they would say it was not covered under the warranty.

You should try since this is a known issue, the dealer I use on Lake Murray has them in stock. That should tell you something about those lights. Mine has broken the tab off just towing the boat at highway speeds, of course I forgot to stow it beforehand but nevertheless the result was the same.

With the new piece that came, I'm going to have to cut wires, solder, and shrink wrap to make it waterproof. This is going to be a pain.

There are plenty of splices out there that are weather proof and don’t require soldering. I personally use environmental splices from Raychem, ever had an issue using them.

With the new piece that came, I'm going to have to cut wires, solder, and shrink wrap to make it waterproof. This is going to be a pain.
Just replace the base portion and you won't have to disconnect any wires.

Just replace the base portion and you won't have to disconnect any wires.
Or if you replace the whole unit there are quick disconnects where the wires go in to the bimini frame.
20210417_092723.jpg

There are bullet connectors within inches of the base.

Back