Anchor storage box?

Tjflitton

Member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
We just bought an 2026 Bennington 24 MFB. Is there a storage box that I could install on the stern for the anchor? I was thinking that it would be a lot easier than pulling it out from under the seat and possibly tearing the vinyl. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Tim
 
No, not a stupid question. I've seen plenty of boaters do it.

Here's why you should not:

This is a pontoon forum. Your link says that anchoring from the rear could cause the boat to roll over and capsize. In addition water seeping into the boat could swamp the boat.
Really??
 
This is a pontoon forum. Your link says that anchoring from the rear could cause the boat to roll over and capsize. In addition water seeping into the boat could swamp the boat.
Really??
Yes...really. Feel free to do some research but here's one link to get you started.

 
Ok, let me rephrase first I have owned boats before but on lakes. What I’m looking for are alternatives ways to store the anchors bow and stern instead of storing under the seats. Sorry for the confusion.
 
It doesnt look good ,but I have seen old style Milk Crates used .They were attached by either bolting to the deck or bungee cords .
 
I wouldn't do it either, but I've seen it a lot on old toons .
What about an electric anchor ?
 
Back
Top