Anchor suggestions

MamaWhite

Reaction score
Well, we had to leave our anchor at the bottom of the lake this weekend. It must have been tangled in submerged debris and limbs. Any suggestions as to type and weight of anchor we should buy for our 23-ft. tritoon on midsized reservoir? The greatest depth is about 60 feet. The anchor we lost was a mushroom-type. Thanks for your advice!

I have used Slide Box Anchors or my 23 R and Q

Small in the Bow and if needed a Baby in the stern for windy days .

Being that I’m not in a rush to leave a $300 bill at the bottom of the lake, I use a Digger anchor that’s a $100. Holds well in our muddy/Sandy lakes. I use a 20lb mushroom at the stern to keep from spinning when anchored by the bow digger.

Being that I’m not in a rush to leave a $300 bill at the bottom of the lake, I use a Digger anchor that’s a $100. Holds well in our muddy/Sandy lakes. I use a 20lb mushroom at the stern to keep from spinning when anchored by the bow digger.

I have a digger too. $68 shipped at Wallys.

I have a digger too. $68 shipped at Wallys.

I saw that version of the digger, its on Amazon too.

I bought the Digger 15lb from Digger Anchor, same idea, different manufacturer. I'm enjoying the holding power of mine so far. Only drawback is all the mud I have to clean off when pulling it up, thats the tradeoff with an anchor that digs deep, it gets muddy.

Dang it went up to $85 overnight.

I saw that version of the digger, its on Amazon too.

I bought the Digger 15lb from Digger Anchor, same idea, different manufacturer. I'm enjoying the holding power of mine so far. Only drawback is all the mud I have to clean off when pulling it up, thats the tradeoff with an anchor that digs deep, it gets muddy.
As you are pulling the anchor up give it a good jerk from the rope and the flukes will release in the downward position and all that muddy crap will come off by the time it comes to the surface......

As you are pulling the anchor up give it a good jerk from the rope and the flukes will release in the downward position and all that muddy crap will come off by the time it comes to the surface......
Yes, but my lake is a muddy clay bottom. It’s almost like paste. Makes for a great holding “substance” to bury the digger in, the clay/mud, but one top side it takes a few “up and down” dips into the water and I have to get down and clean the heavy clay off

Most of Texas is either clay or sand.

There are a lot of anchors to there. First consider what the bottom is like, then how long you will be anchored. Like for a swim or lunch or overnight. Will you be out and need to be anchored in rough or bad weather (like you went on a two week boat trip and are no where near land) Mushrooms or River (better) are good for muddy bottom lakes. Claw, Danforth are better for other bottoms. The best anchor is the one that works for you! See what others are using in your area and ask their opinion. There is plenty of information on the Web that explains rode, length, using 2 anchors etc. Hope this helps

Back