Any Bennington tritoons under 5,000 pounds on the trailer?

Topriver

Reaction score
I'm constrained by a 5k pound towing limit. I only have to drive a few miles to the ramp, but would still like to stay under the limit. Are there any Bennington tritoons that are under 5k pounds on the trailer?

You had some good information in the replies to your post last Feb on the same topic. In addition to replies there, for a Bennington Tritoon, weight depends on each of the following variables: model, boat length, hull, motor, (lesser degree - layout). With SO MANY options in those areas, boat weight can vary a decent amount. However, you should easily be able to stay under that tow limit with the boat if you are buying with that as your key variable. You will however need to shop and investigate trailer weights.

S model Bennington's with and normal SPS hull will be your lighter weight, but still nice performing, Bennignton tritoon. A 22 S model, 150 motor, gas, and some allowance for gear is probably going to be in the 32-3500lbs range. You can trim that down by gassing up on the lake, or hulling gear inside the vehicle or in a second vehicle. However, if totally loaded, I’d be eyeing that 3200-3500lbs range. Again, that’s a lighter weight, but good performing S model/SPS hull/150 motor combo estimate.

If you start eyeing a higher model Bennington, longer Bennington, and/or more robust tritoon hull and motor, that will absolutely add to weight. Now since I don’t trailer, I have ZERO idea on trailer weights.

For towing, are you talking about a seasonally splashing it in, storing dockside or lift all summer, and then pulling out at end of the season? OR are you talking needing to tow it every time you use it? Towing on flat geography or hilly areas? Those things will matter too with a 5,000lbs limit on your tow vehicle. Gonna be tight with adverse conditions, emergency breaking/handling, or rougher geography in mind.

Again though, you certainly can stay under 5,000lbs dependent on trailer weight.

I'm constrained by a 5k pound towing limit. I only have to drive a few miles to the ramp, but would still like to stay under the limit. Are there any Bennington tritoons that are under 5k pounds on the trailer?
There are plenty of tritoons that weigh 3500 lbs or less and nice trailers capable of hauling them that are around 1000 lbs empty. 5000 lb tow capacity max is certainly doable, but know what you are buying. Account for any added loads as well. I'm NOT recommending extended hauls at that tow capacity either, but you should be OK for brief, infrequent hauls. I think you will find many on here doing what you are looking at.

What is the tow vehicle and is it 4WD/ALLWD
That should be a concern also as ramps get pretty slick and can be an issue with 2WD.

My 21 Explorer ST tows my 2018 22SSRF Tritoon with a 200 Yamaha better than my RAM did. Pretty sure my combois at or close to 4K. If I think of it I can run my rig over the scales next time I tow.. I regularly drop and pull my boat, not slipped but at a Club

Last edited:
I am guessing that all 22' Bennington's will be under the 5K on the trailer and some 23', depending on the furniture weight.

Back