Apple Freaks Iphone5 battery recall

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
Well, no replacement. They will test your battery and if it's showing no "weakness" they don't replace it but document it for the future if it goes bad???? My phones almost two years old .... The batteries gonna go bad anyhow?? Oh well, hoping the iphone6 is as good as the hype that's out there.

Mine is on the replacement list, I was going to call in the morning for an appointment . Since it's not that bad and two years old I'll also wait and see what the 6 looks like.

I'm hoping the 6 is just a little bigger (wider), but not Galaxy 4S big.... That's a little too big for my taste. I don't need a gaming size screen, just a little bigger for eyes to see better ...... Getting older SUCKS!!! My vision gets worse every year .... :-(

You think the 4S is big...look at the specs on the Galaxy Mega.

My opinion. Phones are going to continue to increase in size where eventually you will have an iPad Mini for a phone. The Bluetooth will be extended and you will have a tethered (by Bluetooth)smaller device such as the watch things or perscreption eyeglasses that can see into the future.

Got mine replaced this week. As said before, they test the battery before. They said it needs to be operating below 60% for it to be replaced. Mine was 40%.

Also got a new screen in the process. When they took the screen off they said it shattered on them. Works for me as that is $220 service and new parts that were free. Now I do wonder why not just a new phone but oh well

Awesome experience after replacement. Went back to how I remember. I used to have to charge 2-3 times a day and now I can go all day and sti be at 70%.

Waiting on Dec 15th, then iphone6 + .... Oh yeah !!

Just went to the apple store today and ordered the new 6 plus, awesome and great battery life 35% more than the 6

Nice. Let me know how you like it. I'm thinking it might be too big for my needs, but I'll have to check it out. I got till 12/15.

I just ordered the 6 rather than the 6+ as I couldn't imagine carrying the 6+ [i have a feeling the 6 is going to be PIA to carry as well]. Ship date is 10/17. The 6 was $199 with 2 year contract, the 6+ was $299, they gave me a trade-in credit $200 for my 4S

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered the 6 rather than the 6+ as I couldn't imagine carrying the 6+ [i have a feeling the 6 is going to be PIA to carry as well]. Ship date is 10/17. The 6 was $199 with 2 year contract, the 6+ was $299, they gave me a trade-in credit $200 for my 4S
I picked up my 6 at the ATT store last Friday (release day).  No line really.  Spent more time activating and buying than waiting in line.   They were out of the 6+, but had a demo.  It is very large.  I'm a big guy and it was just too big for me.  I can't imagine women with the phone and there little hands, pockets, purses, etc...The 6 is going to be a perfect phone.  I charge in the morning and use just the way I did with my 4S.   Battery on 4S would not make it my work day, let alone the full day.  The 6 makes it the work day with ~45% remaining.  ~30% plus remaining for full day.  Good enough for me.  I plug it in every night anyway.   So far, I really like the phone.

That's not too bad for a credit Mark. Was it mint condition with all accessories? I have to admit, I've always made out like a bandit selling my old phones on Feebay. Typically, I've sold them for more than I paid 1-2 years earlier. Mine are mint though as I put cover on from day one and keep box, paperwork, and always have a new charger laying around. I mean, we have 2 iPhones, 2 ipad2's, 1 iPad Air, 1-iPad mini, 1- iPod touch, 1-ipod nano and 2-iPod shuffles. I do love my apple stuff!! Oh yeah, have a Apple TV box too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also all apple but I have to admit I almost left, the competition is really closing in. Apple TV is fantastic especially at the lakehouse as it makes it easy to access many options although now almost any phone can connect to your TV and I think Google's is only $35.

the trade in was only for the phone nothing else, think that is one of Verizon's way of ensuring you will stay. All providers have great reception here in Albany and surrounding but once start getting up into the Adirondacks Verizon has much better coverage than anyone else

I have found verizon to be the best as well. My father in law has sprint and he will not give it up. He is essentially paying a monthly bill for a pocket clock.

I preordered the 6+ and got it this week. I had to delay delivery because I was out on the lake on the release day! It is a large device, but I love it so far. I have large hands and I can actually use it one handed still, although it is a bit of a reach. I rarely use my phone as a phone so I'm just happy to have more screen and bigger buttons but still easy to fit in the pocket. 

Back