are playpen covers interchangeable

butterbaugh

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Bennington Sedona fs and the opportunity to buy a 2000 Bennington 2575 cover ... Does anyone know if it will fit?

Is your boat a 25 ft boat? You could probably make it fit but I don't think the snaps will line up. You'd need a snap install tool and snaps.My other question is, why would you want a 12 year old cover?

Last edited by a moderator:
Right Carl, if I remeber right the build tool has an option to delete the playpen cover and it was not much of a savings, therefore I think that is what the new playpen cover would cost new. If it is a problem getting a playpen cover for an older model then I would consider purchasing a backup now and store it until I need it.

Would like to hear TB's opinion on that

Is your boat a 25 ft boat? You could probably make it fit but I don't think the snaps will line up. You'd need a snap install tool and snaps.My other question is, why would you want a 12 year old cover?
Actually you could probably get away with just installing the male snaps to line up with the "covers" female snaps, IF it's even feasible to use.

The rail design of each boat will play a big roll as to whether it will fit or not. Each boat would have to have the same rail design and Bimini struts would have to be located the same for the cut outs in the cover. I think if it were me, I would go to a good canvas shop and have one made. Probably would be a lot less hassle and you would have new material instead of 12 year old canvas.

Thnks all for the input ... please let me describe a little better. The cover is newly manufacutured and is stated to be for the model year 2000 2575 Bennington. The price being asked is a little over $240, versus local quotes of around $800 for a custom cover, which is why it sounded attactive to us ... our Sedona did not have a cover when we bought it this spring.

I've tried to do some web research, realizing the issue with the floorplan and rails, and while viewing pictures gives the impression that the rails and front "open deck" of the two are just about the same ... it's the "just about" that gives me heartburn as it's a no-return sale. I was hoping someone would have an idea if, since both are Bennington builds, the layout would be close enough to only require re-fitting snaps. Given the nature of most industry, I can't help but think there's at least some interchangeability on covers, though I acknowledge that doesn't mean it exists in this instance.

Would a dealer know for certain? or is this really a question directly for Bennington.

For $240.00 I'd make it fit. B) Does it come with the poles?

Butterbaugh, before i made any move I would go to my local Bennington Dealer and see what he can do for you.

Back