bad day

mtudb24

Reaction score
As I was coming home from work friday night driving down Eastbound M59 (Utica area north of Detroit Michigan), I saw a cop in the right lane and everyone moving over to the center and left lanes.  As I got closer I could see 3 cars. A Chevy Tahoe was the first car, a Chevy pick up with a ranger bass boat in the middle, and a passenger car in front of the pick up truck.  As I got closer yet, something seemed funny.  I could see a lot of the trailer and the boat seemed very "far forward" on the trailer.  As I drove by, the Stanchion that the bow ties down the boat to the trailer had collapsed and the 6 feet of the bow was in the bed of the pick up.  He must have hit hte brakes hard to either not hit somebody or something, but the boat and truck were gassed.  Bass Fishing season is huge here in Michigan and starts in May.  Somebody is going to be very unhappy.  Beautiful boat.  All decked out with stickers and custom pain with a large 200 or 250 hp motor on it and a power pole system on the transom.  Felt bad for the guy.  He was on the phone as I drove by

That is definitely a bad way to start the season. I too am starting to see guys trailering their boats around now! Time to get mine washed up and back in the water as well :)

Spent most of my life in that area . Some people drive like idiots on 59 .

Don't worry, the idiots are EVERYWHERE. I hate driving truck anymore. You'd be amazed at how many freekin idiots pull out in front of me and I might have 20,000 lbs on the truck.

These idiots think you can stop on a dime. Worse yet, they see what they are doing then stutter stop .... stop,go,stop,go ......

I cant' imagine driving a big rig ..... I give those guys credit

Sucks to be that guy. Good thing is no one was killed. Boats and trucks can be replaced.

Back