Bad Flooring

Larry54

Reaction score
I have a 2016 Bennington S21 and the vinyl floor on the stern only, has dark orange spots all over it I think it must be from the sun as that is the only part that does not get covered from the boat cover, I have tried power washing it but it wont phase it, its looks terrible. has any one had this problem? is it defective flooring? I took it back to the dealer but all they told me was all they could do is power wash it. I did that dose not help. any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_1757.JPG
    IMG_1757.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 77
Hi Larry and welcome to the forum. Can you specifically tell us what type of flooring you have? Bamboo? Seagrass? Other?

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm not sure what the flooring is I thought is was some sort of vinyl, can you tell from the picture I uploaded? sure would like to get this fixed it looks terrible.

you can see the white spot is where I power washed it I did it so much that it was taking the what ever coating is on it off so I quit washing

It looks to me to be similar to mine (bamboo) but I can't say for sure. I have some staining like your's as well but I assumed it was the result of a bad acid wash. Someone else recently had a similar complaint, too. Not sure, but this may be a supplier issue and worth discussing with your dealer. I'll post some pictures later of mine.

thanks for your help, unfortunately, Service after the sale with my dealer does not have a lot to be desired but I'll try them again.

unfortunately, Service after the sale with my dealer does not have a lot to be desired but I'll try them again.

Poor service needs to be brought to Benningtons attention directly. I had dealer issues where I bought my first Bennington and I had a talk to a Bennington regional rep. That dealer did not see my business the second time around and I'm actually glad it worked out that way because dealer number 2 is awesome!

Something isn't right and we've seen this on here before as referenced above. Seems like a product failure.

Yes, I need to get in touch with a Bennington Rep. dose anyone know how to go about that?
this should not do that especially on a fairly new boat. i only have 42 hours on it.

Larry, can you tell me the name of your less than helpful Bennington Dealer? I'm in Ohio and would like to know who to avoid.

No, not yet, as i'm going to talk to them about it again, I don't want to give anyone a bad name unless they really deserve it.
but if I cant get any more help than i have been then yes, i'll will put it on the nightly news channel.

Back