Bennington newbie

Very nice! Love the puppy pic!!!

Not trying to incite panic but are toons supposed to be lifted with slings? I thought someone had an issue with theirs lifting this way. Can't remember if that was with elipticals or not.

Not trying to incite panic but are toons supposed to be lifted with slings? I thought someone had an issue with theirs lifting this way. Can't remember if that was with elipticals or not.
Yeah, I seem to remember that too, was it maybe "tcpip95" (Jim)?

Welcome to the Bennington family and thanks for posting some pictures for us to drool over! She's a beauty...

Beautiful boat. Welcome to the Bennington family.

Congrats and beautiful boat! Adding to lakeliving’s comment I found a comment from bennington and their advice from 2017 regarding straps. It looks like they are referring to straps under the tubes but might want to double check with them. See below.

And from Team Bennington:

We do not recommend strapping beneath the tubes because this can (and will) cause damage to the tubes. Dealers will sometimes use straps and spreader bars with a crane to lift boats off the truck, but this is at the professionallevel.

The stern u-bolts on either side of the transom are strong enough for lifting, but we recently added "do not lift" directions to the bow eyes because several customers have tried to use them for lifting and are unable to do so properly.

Please look at alternatives to the strap method!

Congrats and beautiful boat! Adding to lakeliving’s comment I found a comment from bennington and their advice from 2017 regarding straps. It looks like they are referring to straps under the tubes but might want to double check with them. See below.
I read what he posted about what they said. What I interpreted was for lifting the boat using the eyes on the front of the pontoons and the rear "D-rings". 98% of the pontoons in my slip are all using straps including many Benningtons. The dealer I bought it from delivered it to my said and never showed any concern about it. I don't know...I guess I'll see what happens.

Back