Bennington prices?

Our Bennington dealer says he has having a great year and wishes he had more inventory

I talked to my dealer today and they are expecting roughly a 5% price increase here in October. So if you are looking at building you have some time to put your order in. I also heard that the Sxp and G series will be combined, not sure what that means on pricing if you are looking at those models but I can’t imagine the price will be going down!

I talked to my dealer today and they are expecting roughly a 5% price increase here in October. So if you are looking at building you have some time to put your order in. I also heard that the Sxp and G series will be combined, not sure what that means on pricing if you are looking at those models but I can’t imagine the price will be going down!
I have posted a thread that they are combing SXP and G series into a new L and LX series a few weeks ago. You can already see some of the changes on the builder when building a G model

You mean I could have gotten a G for SXP prices? Awww shoot!!

I think it's more like future buyers will be getting an SXP for G prices, since it seems Benny is wanting to increase the spread between the "lowly" S/SX models and the "more refined mid-range" G models.

Be interesting to see how this plays out.

I still think they should revamp and simplify their entire portfolio:

SV/SVX
S/SX
G/GX
R/RX
Q/QX
Z (current QX Sport)

My Dealer handles Bennington's Cobalt's and Malibu boats.Normally about 50 boats in inventory. All makes and models are flying out the door.They were going to do an open house, drive and ride and only had 5 boats so they cancelled. Even kayak's that sat around for 3 years are. So probably no deals! By the way Malibu Boats sell for like $80 to $130 thousand.
put me down for a kayak with a 300 hp outboard. Can it pull a skier? lol........what can possibly go wrong? :oops:

Maybe it's time to sell my S for top dollar and get a cabin cruiser...

You should be able to respectfully negotiate 20% (or close to it) off any Bennington’s with your local dealer, New order or in-stock boats. Someone already mentioned sticking with your local dealer vs going elsewhere for a ‘better’ deal. Best to heed his/her advice. Remember not every boat is the same, all dealers order stock boats from their own builds according to their location, water access, lake vs salt, demographics etc. You may think you’re saving $5000 by going 40 miles down the road, but you just bought the ‘same’ boat with no Power assist and No Garmin Nav system. The same way you screen dealers on price, Bennington screens dealers on integrity, so best to support your local guy imo. Good luck

put me down for a kayak with a 300 hp outboard. Can it pull a skier? lol........what can possibly go wrong? :oops:
Ha! Ha! jhill you will have to wait til next year kayak's all sold out! Get a $100000. Malibu.

Last edited:
You should be able to respectfully negotiate 20% (or close to it) off any Bennington’s with your local dealer, New order or in-stock boats. Someone already mentioned sticking with your local dealer vs going elsewhere for a ‘better’ deal. Best to heed his/her advice. Remember not every boat is the same, all dealers order stock boats from their own builds according to their location, water access, lake vs salt, demographics etc. You may think you’re saving $5000 by going 40 miles down the road, but you just bought the ‘same’ boat with no Power assist and No Garmin Nav system. The same way you screen dealers on price, Bennington screens dealers on integrity, so best to support your local guy imo. Good luck

Good advice, Walter. All of it.

Ha! Ha! jhill you will have to wait til next year kayak's all sold out! Get a $100.000 Malibu.
I think I will go hug my Benny instead! Maybe put a trailer hitch lock on its trailer so it stays put in this crazy world!

Good advice, Walter. All of it.
My local dealer that I bought our first used 2013 22 SLX F115 express tube Benny from (in 2017), had another used boat I saw in February 2020 (a 2017 22 SSRCX F150, SPS, electrically assisted steering, floor storage, seagrass,etc ) with way more options and power, and only 29.5 hours on it. (more of a forever boat) He was willing to come down another $2000 from his offer of $27k difference so we could get it. Stay with a good dealer and keep pushing for a better deal and suck up to them "how you want to buy from them, but the money has to be right". ("What a great dealership you guys run. I tell all my friends".....BS them if you have to.....lol....:D:cool::p If you don't push back, they will get as much as they can.....think of it as a game of strategy!!! Our dealer even gave us a brand new moveable cupholder as boat only had one. lol Make the wife "the bad guy" and say you really want boat but wife says only at XXXXX price.....throw her under the bus haha

I am not sure how my dealership did it but I got 40% off MSRP on my new 2020 R23. I built it online and that gave me the MSRP, I paid 60% of that price. It was the 2nd Benny and 4th boat I bought from them though. I know it was a great deal because looking up trade value on my boat its 10k more that I paid.

I am not sure how my dealership did it but I got 40% off MSRP on my new 2020 R23. I built it online and that gave me the MSRP, I paid 60% of that price. It was the 2nd Benny and 4th boat I bought from them though. I know it was a great deal because looking up trade value on my boat its 10k more that I paid.

Was your 40% off MSRP before freight/rigging/taxes/etc?

We are close to a deal on a nicely optioned 2021 23 RFB with a Yamaha VF150 SHO they have in stock. It's *not* a tritoon, but we live on a smaller private lake and I doubt we'll trailer anywhere much at all (2 or 3 times a year, tops). I did want the 150 as a compromise of not getting the third toon, in case we do have an extra body or two on the vessel while pulling a grandkid around on a tube.

I built the boat online and the MSRP on it is $90,348. Price from the dealer BEFORE freight/rigging/taxes/etc is $72.723, or right about 20% off MSRP.

Thoughts?

20% is the norm around these parts, and I don't think you're going to see much better in these times. Most are not finding that right now.

Was your 40% off MSRP before freight/rigging/taxes/etc?

We are close to a deal on a nicely optioned 2021 23 RFB with a Yamaha VF150 SHO they have in stock. It's *not* a tritoon, but we live on a smaller private lake and I doubt we'll trailer anywhere much at all (2 or 3 times a year, tops). I did want the 150 as a compromise of not getting the third toon, in case we do have an extra body or two on the vessel while pulling a grandkid around on a tube.

I built the boat online and the MSRP on it is $90,348. Price from the dealer BEFORE freight/rigging/taxes/etc is $72.723, or right about 20% off MSRP.

Thoughts?
20% is a great deal in the current climate. Take it and run, if it’s the boat you will be happy with!

My salesmen got ahold of me saying they were all sold out. He said the Bennington is not allowing them to quote for new boats, because they intend to raise prices but don't have that figured out yet. He told me to check back in July to see if he would be able to give me a quote and order for next year.

I can understand them “trying to figure it out”.
My vendors are having increases like I’ve never seen before. Sometimes announcing 1-2 a MONTH and future based (June). It’s insane.
I read the main issue with the TX adhesives is the chemicals froze/hardened in the piping during the shutdown and all that piping has to manually be cleaned out. This was based on adhesive needed for specialty plywood/OSB production. I’m sure anything else that uses certain polymers is getting hit too.

I can understand them “trying to figure it out”.
My vendors are having increases like I’ve never seen before. Sometimes announcing 1-2 a MONTH and future based (June). It’s insane.
I read the main issue with the TX adhesives is the chemicals froze/hardened in the piping during the shutdown and all that piping has to manually be cleaned out. This was based on adhesive needed for specialty plywood/OSB production. I’m sure anything else that uses certain polymers is getting hit too.
I keep wondering what kind of an impact the freezing could have that would be this great. Explanations like this make a lot of sense to me. Being outside my wheel-house, not things I would think of. What a mess.

Back