Bennington Production Delays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrob

Reaction score
Looking for info... had ordered a Bennington Tritoon in Jan. 21 build date in March. Was told yesterday, Bennington production back 8 weeks due to the severe weather issues Texas had??? Any info helps
Thanks

I honestly dont think that initial info they gave you was accurate. I live in Texas and with the cold storm we had, why does this affect Bennington up in Elkhart?

Maybe someone here had a build date in less than 2 months...but....

My build date was Feb 16th, with a Nov 1 order date. Received boat at dealer end of Feb...still waiting on engine which ships this week, hope to have boat end of the month. 5 months from order expected delivery.

It sounds like in the end your wait time will be on par with normal deliveries. Call me cynical but maybe some dealers are giving "over hopeful" dates because they dont want to lose sales by telling people they might not have their boat by boating time.

Just trying to provide a possible honest explanation based on what ive been seeing personally

Can’t give you an exact pinpoint as to why the delay. Sometimes vendors have fallen behind in their production and delivery to Bennington. It certainly isn’t only the boating industry that has been effected not only by winter storms but by Covid related issues. And often dealers have not secured their slots. But no matter the reason understand the disappointment in waiting for your boat

Foam manufacturing was shut down and they are prioritizing the auto industry and Bennington will need to wait. This is really happening :(. On top of everything else. This issue will cause additional delays.

Foam related ,We ordered ( house ) furniture , 6 month wait because of the foam shortage

Three months from order to build. Then a couple weeks for delivery, but that was also during Christmas and New Year’s.

If it helps any I mailed a check to Dallas and it took just about a month to get there. Was it your dealer or Bennington that said it’s behind schedule? I would also inquire about your motor and see if they will have it sitting there waiting for you or if they are going to be waiting on that too.

We just ordered some custom Ethan Allen couches at the end of last month. Supposed to ship out end of April. Hopefully they have cushions when they arrive!

We just ordered some custom Ethan Allen couches at the end of last month. Supposed to ship out end of April. Hopefully they have cushions when they arrive!
Just use some garbage bags and expanding foam till they get there ... LOL!!!!

I didn't mention in the other post because its not related to Benningtons ,but we were also told of a material ( cloth ) shortage .Good Luck Andy .

Be glad they are at least holding pricing on boats at this point. In housing industry average increase is around $27K due to lumber prices and shortages.

The market is crazy right now. My wife is a realtor and she can’t show her clients new listings fast enough as they go under contract so quickly. And this is the same from 250k to $2 million. Nuts. Lots of buyers from the north east and CA.

The market is crazy right now. My wife is a realtor and she can’t show her clients new listings fast enough as they go under contract so quickly. And this is the same from 250k to $2 million. Nuts. Lots of buyers from the north east and CA.
Same in Iowa my wife sells homes to and it ends up in a biding war, on our lake there is a waiting list of people trying to buy a house, people are nocking on your door asking if you want to sell, crazy

Last edited:
My dealer also told me the foam was going to be a shortage, I was scared this was going to happen when mine was on order. Thank goodness mine made it hear on time.
Our salesman told us the same thing that it's directly related to the foam manufacturing in TX. He was actually telling us that he was only expecting 4 or 5 more Bennington order deliveries for the rest of the summer. So if you got your order in late, you may not see your new boat until September. We ordered ours end of Oct 2020 and it was delivered last week, so just about 4 months for us.

Our salesman told us the same thing that it's directly related to the foam manufacturing in TX. He was actually telling us that he was only expecting 4 or 5 more Bennington order deliveries for the rest of the summer. So if you got your order in late, you may not see your new boat until September. We ordered ours end of Oct 2020 and it was delivered last week, so just about 4 months for us.
Mine took 5 months from order to dealer lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back