Bennington Washdown System

Mike D

Reaction score
Anyone have a pontoon with the washdown system? I see that my tritoon can have one under a seat next to helm, but its over 600 from benny. Wondering what all is in it and if anyone has pictures?

I have it on mine. Don't really use it much but it's nice to have. Mine is located near the rear countertop with the switch on the small "island" behind the captain's chair. The water reservoir is under the rear seat between the built-in cooler and power center.

any pictures or suggestions for adding one? I saw the Big Kahuna and its just ugly, not to mention out of place. was thinking of making my own under the passenger area. Maybe a 10" x 8" x 30" poly container and create my own hoses and fittings. I want it to wash off the dogs and the sand when we go out. just not wanting to pay 600+ from the dealer.

It's put together pretty well but the switch location is questionable. Not really sure why they put it where it is on mine. Convenience I guess. I originally was going to move the switch and put an external sub in it's place. But, decided to put the additional sub under the rear seat and leave the switch as is.

Washdown.jpeg Water Tank.jpeg Switch.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks randy. Makes sense how it is designed now. not seeing one, i wondered. Any idea how many gallons the tank is? and how many GPM the pump runs? I think i can make my own version and save a ton....thanks for all your responses.

The pump is a Pentair Shureflo 3.5 GPM. You can see it there next to the fill tank. Looking briefly online the cheapest I found them is around $106.

I'm guessing the tank is approximately 2 gallons. I couldn't find any real specs on it but that's probably pretty close.

I'm thinking if you did the install yourself the parts would run about $150-175.

Last edited:
My washdown is located in the front of the rear lounger, just behind the captain's chair. Of course, location will depend on your seating configuration. That said, we use our's on a fairly regular basis. Our's has a 12 gallon reservoir so you can do quite a bit of spraying. I did have to replace the spray head that came with it because it leaked (so did the warranty replacement) with one from the local hardware store.

Do you just want a wash down sprayer that can just pull in lake water, or are you looking for something with a refillable water tank to have clean water in? We were dissuaded by the cost of the Bennington spray down as well, but just wanted something for spraying off or down a periodic mess or spill. Per the recommendation of someone else on these forums back in 2016 we went with the following portable, easy to use, and very light washdown sprayer:

21F908C9-F9F3-4A99-9CF1-0339970E7C31.jpeg

9F0466FA-8EB5-4C5B-9EEE-5F6490640E79.jpeg

99BAD751-6033-4825-ACC0-96E68BCD3E0C.jpeg

Not sure if this meets your needs, but if so, it is cheap, portable, light and easy to use. Just don’t leave any water in it over colder months or it will freeze inside and ruin it. Otherwise, its easy to store and maintenance free.

We took a path similar to Jeff. Simple 2 gallon weed spray. Works well for what we need.

204C848C-7F6F-4DC9-A9DB-B7010EE3EA3E.jpeg 3A9B38D2-9E6B-4EAC-B486-B1F06C6CC2EC.jpeg I added one . Bought it from amazon. I used 1/2 pex for the suction line .it works great.

I have a 2018 SSX with the Sink Helm option and the Washdown option. One benefit of this “pair” of options is the sink is pressurized by the Washdown pump. No hand pumping. We have used this feature often, especially when fishing. I would do it again!

989B560C-4204-4634-8F65-C880D473B973.jpeg

Wow, I've never seen that option before. Very interesting placement.

I wish they offered that in a “G elevated helm” option.

I purchased a pre-owned 2250 GBR last October and I love it! One of the problems of purchasing after the boating season in northern Indiana was that I didn't get to check out all the options. The previous owner wasn't into lake living and sold the 2013 to me with only 84 hours on it. I basically bought a like "new" pontoon! But, the PO really didn't know (or care) what kind of goodies were included on the Benny. I have figured out most of the options on my own. However I am perplexed by the fresh water system. I do have the wash down and the sink option. After reading your posts I understand that those two items use the same water tank and pressure system. My problem is how in the heck do I get the system working. I have turned on the switch behind the captains chair and it still doesn't work. Is there usually a rocker switch involved too? Thanks for any help.

My sink/wash down are controlled by a rocker type switch located near the sink. I wonder if you have a blown fuse or perhaps a cracked pump.

Yea...I hope its not a pump. Do you know where the fuse would be located? Should I hear the pump kick on when the switch is turned on? I don't hear anything.

Normally they run till pressure is reached then only run again once you use hose/sink and pressure drops. It may be tied into an accessory switch on helm, but typically wired direct. I’m assuming you tried to use hose/sink... or did you hit switch and nothing happens? Possibly still pressurized???

Normally they run till pressure is reached then only run again once you use hose/sink and pressure drops. It may be tied into an accessory switch on helm, but typically wired direct. I’m assuming you tried to use hose/sink... or did you hit switch and nothing happens? Possibly still pressurized???
Thanks SemperFi. I thought I had tried all the switches, but I am going to try every switch combination tonight. And yes, I tried the water system (not sure if that is the correct name) switch and nothing happened.

Like SemperFi stated, I generally hear my pump kick on briefly to pressurize the system as needed. Our's is only controlled by the one switch. Fortunately, I've had no reason to go hunting for the fuse but I would imagine it's on your Power Distribution Panel in the stern.

Back