Benny 22 LSR toons

Pallen995

Reaction score
I noticed the toons on the Benny are smaller in diameter to a friend of mines sea tracker which seems to be a comparable model. It has a shorter middle tube. The sea trackers tube actually sits back about a foot or so from the front of the boat. I think plus the extra diameter of the toons allows that boat to sit higher especially in the back. I had 4 people on there the other day and was trying to go for a slow cruise and the back sat so low 2 people had to sit in the front to push the front down some. This made them have to sit in the sun. Always nice getting dogged by sea trackers

With your Express Tube package (believe thats what you have) and non hydraulic, dont you have 22" tubes? I have the SPS on my LSR and its 3 25" full size tubes.

So if you have the 22" tubes as your option, its not going to perform like a boat with 3 full size 25" tubes.

I noticed the toons on the Benny are smaller in diameter to a friend of mines sea tracker which seems to be a comparable model. It has a shorter middle tube. The sea trackers tube actually sits back about a foot or so from the front of the boat. I think plus the extra diameter of the toons allows that boat to sit higher especially in the back. I had 4 people on there the other day and was trying to go for a slow cruise and the back sat so low 2 people had to sit in the front to push the front down some. This made them have to sit in the sun. Always nice getting dogged by sea trackers
You should have got the full tritoon SPS hull (or possible ESP tritoon hull) if this was an important priority for you.

Bennington makes a lot of hull variations, so knowing in advance what you are getting, what that hull does, and how it will sit, perform, etc… is helpful in having expectations = outcomes.

What you are describing for your ETP hull certainly is on point for how they sit, perform; the nature of the ETP partial length center tube hull.

Sounds like you have the express tube package which would be 25" diameter which is very common in the industry. As mentioned, Bennington (and many others) offer different variants of tube sizes.
Sitting high in the front is in fact by design as it is much safer on big water.
Listening to your concerns, twin ellipticals would be more to your liking.

I dont think they do any longer . Perhaps on the SV line ? In 2012 when I ordered our 22 SLX the 25 inch were an option.
Didn't realize that some Bennington's have 22 inch tubes?!?

I have a 24SSLX with the Express Tube (three 25" toons). I like to say it gives 90% of the performance of three full toons for a price much less than the twin elliptical toons. My boat runs exactly the same speed on top end as three full toons, and it turns well enough to pull tubers. It carries enough passengers too--as I don't care for crowds in boats.

At a rest in the water, the stern just sits a little lower. No big deal. And I have a 22 gallon fuel tank and no ski locker option. But the price was right.

Back