Bimini Frame Bent during Storm

tcpip95

Reaction score
Two weekends ago we had a pretty good storm come through the area. We were out cruising and saw it coming so pulled into a nearby marina and tied up to wait it out. Lots of thunder and lightning: we didn't have time to fold down the bimini, so we left it up. The winds were REALLY BAD - easily in excess of 60 mph. As a result of the wind, the front brace of the bimini top got bent where it joins side brackets. After the storm passed, we were able to clamp it and get it straightened out enough to get home but it's still bent up bad enough that I cannot slide the bimini all the way forward.

Is this covered under warranty?

Thanks.

Frame_01.jpg

Frame_02.jpg

Frame_03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, really sorry to see the damage, :( but the good thing is that you all got under cover and through it safely!

While i can't speak for Bennington, in my opinion it would not be covered under warranty, the bimini frame was never intended to withstand winds that high.

You should contact your insurance company and get an estimate from your dealer for repair costs.

Hope it all works out for you!

It does not look like the whole bimini frame needs to be replaced just the forward facing bar.

Pretty doubtful under warranty, not a defect. You should be able to order parts for frame through your dealer and repair it yourself. Pretty easy fix.

I had mine get bent up too. There is a local custom shop in town that does bimini top fabrics and they was able to straighten it out for me. They had to use a piece of square alumnium shaft to slide inside to strenghten it up. Cant even tell it was ever damaged.

Hi Folks -

Have encountered OK I did in under a bridge this summer - High Water on Lake Hartwell and bent the same frame bar - same spot, a little more severely. Indeed a easy fix by ordering the part from the dealer? Started fown this road and I am planing on a new Sunbrella top this off-season. Or could it be bent back into shape?

Thanks for the update-advice on this particular event above

I think if you try to bend it back to shape it will kink.

Bennington support took really good care of me on this (and everything else). They really are top-notch.

Yes, work through your dealer. They'll handle it all.

Back