bimini top boot

Hoppies63

Reaction score
Hey, looking for some advice or tips for getting boot back on bimini top. Just seemed so tight i was  afraid was going tear.Am i doing something wrong. thanks

I just flop it over the bimini and zip it up.

Pull towards the ends when you zip. The opening at each end is tight due to the need to keep junk from flying in when covered. And each time you zip her up, make sure you don't zip your bimini in the zipper, causing a hole to form.

Last edited by a moderator:
I start the zipper, then kind of roll n fold and push the Bimini fabric towards the framework as I go. It zips up easily that way. 

Mine is tight. I start one end, zip about 6 inches, then slide the boot as far up the Bimini rail as I can, and stop.  Here's the trick:  Now go do the other end. All the way. Then come back and finish the first end.  Try that next time. 

I lay the boot over entire top first. After hooking zipper halves together I hold the end of the boot with one hand and zip with the other (using the back of my hand/fingers to tuck in the Bimini keeping it out of the zipper as I go). It is only tight until it gets past the bend so you can let go of end to continue. I have not tried like kaydano suggested from the two ends. The zipper lube will help too but I haven't needed it yet. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been 9 months, but I seem to think we unsnapped two straps that keep he top tight when deployed, this allowed the cover to go on easier.  I always started by looping it over the light bar and initially velcroing it, to get the orientation correct and to help in windy conditions.

I posted this on another thread:

My bimini cover was also very very tight. I noticed at the dealer they had unsnapped the side flap snap before putting on the cover so I tried it and the cover went on nice and easy.  I now unsnap those 2 snaps (one each side) before I put the bimini away and put on the cover.

No idea if you have the same bimini but I thought I'd throw this out there in case it helps.

My attempt to post a pic with snap circled -- hope it works. Click on pic to see circle.

I posted this on another thread:

My bimini cover was also very very tight. I noticed at the dealer they had unsnapped the side flap snap before putting on the cover so I tried it and the cover went on nice and easy.  I now unsnap those 2 snaps (one each side) before I put the bimini away and put on the cover.

No idea if you have the same bimini but I thought I'd throw this out there in case it helps.

My attempt to post a pic with snap circled -- hope it works. Click on pic to see circle.

Yep, what royal4 said !!!!  :)

Back