Bimini Top Latch Connector Bracket

BradLee

Reaction score
This is for a 2016 22 SSRX. There are four, 2 front and 2 back corners and are fitted inside the square framing. Used to support the Bimini top by snapping into a bracket mounted on the railing. Made from injected molded plastic. They are not locking into place, keep slipping out and not supporting the top. Don’t look broken or worn, just won’t stay in place. Anyone familiar with this problem?

This is for a 2016 22 SSRX. There are four, 2 front and 2 back corners and are fitted inside the square framing. Used to support the Bimini top by snapping into a bracket mounted on the railing. Made from injected molded plastic. They are not locking into place, keep slipping out and not supporting the top. Don’t look broken or worn, just won’t stay in place. Anyone familiar with this problem?
How about adjusting the Bimini with the knobs on the front bracket? Maybe to much tension when Bimini is up ? I had to adjust mine once ! Just a thought.

Not sure how I would adjust. The pieces that are slipping are molded plastic. They look like a pipe wrench without the teeth.

You are not adjusting the connector. You loosen the turnwheel on the straight tubing extend the tubing like a tent pole and tighten the bimini, that will put more pressure on the connectors.

it's harder to explain than to do. You will figure it out. our tubes are tight enough that we have to pull the front of the bimini down to get the connectors in the front mounts. then most of the pressure is up on the pin.

Sometimes you need to give them a good whack to get them fully seated.

I adjusted my bimini arms in many different positions and even had the dealer give it a try. Unfortunately for whatever reason mine did not have that latching ability beyond a certain MPH.

The bimini was replaced due to some warranty issues, and the new one doesn't latch well either, so I assume it's the conditions that I run exceeds the design. It's just soft plastic so I don't expect it to hold on when I bouncing in 2' seas at 35mph.

If you're talking about those c-shaped latches, mine were pretty loose as well so I drilled some locking pins to keep them from popping out.

I have a curved bimini so may be different hardware than yours.

View attachment 29781
Have tried one other suggestion and it helped, but ended up pounding 2 wood wedges in tight to hold it. Yours looks good too, so will try.

Have tried one other suggestion and it helped, but ended up pounding 2 wood wedges in tight to hold it. Yours looks good too, so will try.
Yep - all you really need is a way to keep the pressure on those latches as they try to load and unload when bouncing around. If there was a constant pressure from the wind and no other movement the OEM hardware might actually be fine.

I've been reading your post and I've even gone so far as call the company's and send pictures of these parts.They have the latch connector part # 002957 and I ordered 2. But,They haven't got a clue about the seat or the saddle or the part that attaches to the rail and yes it does look like a plastic pipe wrench without teeth.I'm not sure how they broke.All the are is a guide of some kind.Wish I knew a part # for this.So frustrating...

I've been reading your post and I've even gone so far as call the company's and send pictures of these parts.They have the latch connector part # 002957 and I ordered 2. But,They haven't got a clue about the seat or the saddle or the part that attaches to the rail and yes it does look like a plastic pipe wrench without teeth.I'm not sure how they broke.All the are is a guide of some kind.Wish I knew a part # for this.So frustrating...

These look like them. May not be a legit site but at least it gives hope for a supplier out there.

Back