Bimini

Pcutler

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Bennington 21SLX and want to add an additional Bimini for the front half of the boat. I received a quote of over $1500 for one from Bennington and was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for an after market Bimini that isn’t so expensive. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum Pcutler. $1500 is about right to add another Bimini. As long as it includes installation of the struts on your rails and adding a heavy duty zipper so it can be joined to the rear Bimini. The rear Bimini needs to be altered as well. (The other half of the zipper) If you buy an aftermarket product it's not going to fit as well and it might not look as well either......

I have a 2020 Bennington 21SLX and want to add an additional Bimini for the front half of the boat. I received a quote of over $1500 for one from Bennington and was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for an after market Bimini that isn’t so expensive. Thanks!
What BigKahuna said. My factory-ordered double Bimini was a $1,306 option. If your $1,500 quote includes all hardware I'd say it's a great deal. If it includes installation, it's a bargain.

I bought a new 23 sxp fastback and had the dealer install the front Bimini along with a new rear Bimini with the zipper. It was 2600.00 installed

Our next boat will have dual tops, our factory rear top already has the zipper for the front, for $1500 I’m re-thinking it!

Our current boat has a double Bimini. My wife had some skin cancer removed last year so it was a must have! Now the people in the front don't have to roast in the sun while the people in the back relax ......

Our current boat has a double Bimini. My wife had some skin cancer removed last year so it was a must have! Now the people in the front don't have to roast in the sun while the people in the back relax ......
We didn't do the double Bimini because the zipper connection seemed like it would be tiresome and having to lower both frames to lift on the dock seemed like a pain too....BUTTTTTTTTTTTT...now im wondering if I should have got the double. Do you feel the double is not "double the hassle" of the single and something you can connect and disconnect by yourself, vs having help with the zipper?

We didn't do the double Bimini because the zipper connection seemed like it would be tiresome and having to lower both frames to lift on the dock seemed like a pain too....BUTTTTTTTTTTTT...now im wondering if I should have got the double. Do you feel the double is not "double the hassle" of the single and something you can connect and disconnect by yourself, vs having help with the zipper?
It's not about the hassle, it's about being able to sit anywhere on your boat during mid-day and be protected from the sun if you want to be. I love the sun, I love having fun in the sun, but when I've had enough, I've had enough. The double Bimini may have cost more, may be a hassle to put up and take down, and may look a little wonky when we are under way and it is in radar position, but the value that it brings to my family is priceless. It was the very first option I chose on our build. Take a peek at this video which shows how easy it is to operate a double Bimini.

We do not find it to be a hassle. I can do it all myself. If we have a cool spell here in SW Florida, I have taken off the whole front bimini without much hassle. You can even install pins instead of the standard bolts to take the entire front bimini on and off. My wife insisted on the front Bimini and she was right for doing so. Like many things, once you come familiar with doing something it becomes an easier task.

We do not find it to be a hassle. I can do it all myself. If we have a cool spell here in SW Florida, I have taken off the whole front bimini without much hassle. You can even install pins instead of the standard bolts to take the entire front bimini on and off. My wife insisted on the front Bimini and she was right for doing so. Like many things, once you come familiar with doing something it becomes an easier task.
Thanks for the info, good points!

Thanks AuthorizedUser for the video...

When you are sitting comfortably under all that shade in the hot sun.......Oh yeah it's worth it!

It's not about the hassle, it's about being able to sit anywhere on your boat during mid-day and be protected from the sun if you want to be. I love the sun, I love having fun in the sun, but when I've had enough, I've had enough. The double Bimini may have cost more, may be a hassle to put up and take down, and may look a little wonky when we are under way and it is in radar position, but the value that it brings to my family is priceless. It was the very first option I chose on our build. Take a peek at this video which shows how easy it is to operate a double Bimini.
That’s a great video. How easy is that!
My number one option was also the double bimini.
My boat arrived in Australia on Christmas Day but still waiting for delivery to dealer.

That’s a great video. How easy is that!
My number one option was also the double bimini.
My boat arrived in Australia on Christmas Day but still waiting for delivery to dealer.
Congrats Kozzie! Won't be long now. Especially since it's summer there right?!? What's going to happen if you need something fixed and they said it has to go back to the factory?!? Ha!

Congrats Kozzie! Won't be long now. Especially since it's summer there right?!? What's going to happen if you need something fixed and they said it has to go back to the factory?!? Ha!
Thanks BigKahuna. It’ll have been a 6mth wait by the time it arrives, such along time but I’m sure it will be worth it. Yes mid summer here, beautiful weather.
BTW, Benningtons don’t break do they? If it needs to go back to the factory, heaven forbid, it’ll cost another $9000 shipping to get it there plus another $9000 to get it back plus 6mths mmmmm.

You'll be fine Kozzie. Enjoy it when you get it and post lots of pics!!!

Thanks BigKahuna. It’ll have been a 6mth wait by the time it arrives, such along time but I’m sure it will be worth it. Yes mid summer here, beautiful weather.
BTW, Benningtons don’t break do they? If it needs to go back to the factory, heaven forbid, it’ll cost another $9000 shipping to get it there plus another $9000 to get it back plus 6mths mmmmm.
Are there any Bennington dealers in your area/county? If not what brought you to Bennington? Congratulations on your new Bennington!!!

Are there any Bennington dealers in your area/county? If not what brought you to Bennington? Congratulations on your new Bennington!!!
Hi Carlson80, my nearest Bennington dealer is on the Gold Coast, Queensland about 100 mlies from where I live which is the Sunshine Coast. The dealer also sells American Cobalt and Pursuit boats. The dealer will still offer the exact Bennington warranty.
There is a small pontoon manufacturer locally called Runaway Bay Pontoon boats. They make a solid boat but even with the freight cost from the US and a not so good currency exchange rate it was still a little cheaper to buy a Bennington plus the local maker only offered a 3yr warranty.

A chap a few doors down recommended Bennington, he has a 2017 G series 25 footer and he called it the Rolls Royce of pontoon boats. The 10 year warranty was also a key reason.

The boat is being delivered to the dealer today and my family and I are having our first look tomorrow.
We still have to get the motor fitted as well as electric anchor winch, sounder and full enclosure.

The forum has been a great source of information. Happy New Year!

That’s great that you have a dealer reasonably close if you need warranty work. Enjoy your new Bennington! Happy pontooning!

Back