Bird Deterrents

On the birds or the stains? I tried all the usual remedies including a careful rub of magic eraser, no go. I bought some of the Starbrite bird and spider stain remover to try when I get back from NJ so we shall see. Not happy.

I was getting ready to launch my kayak on the Colorado River earlier this week when a guide company backed in and launched a big raft. Before putting the boat in the water, the guide pulled a big wooden duck decoy out of the raft and put it back in the truck. He had his hands full, so I didn't ask him, but I'm pretty sure that was there to keep birds from pooping all over the raft when it was parked. 

I have found a new decoy method. We planted a bunch of grass seed last week for our garage addition which was just finished up. The birds are very grateful for that, so spend all their time there now, carefully picking it out of the ground ;-)

Any photos of the new garage? So feeding them reduces poop......

Any photos of the new garage? So feeding them reduces poop......
Try mixing a little ex-lax in with the seed for some spectacular results

I actually found them when replacing one of my vent covers.  The new boatvent3 is 10 times better than the boatvent2 that came in the cover.  

We are only using the one on the bimini as the birds don't seem to sit on the front for some reason.  I am going to put two of them on my 20x20 floater this winter along with 4 of the rails on my corner post.  I believe the floater will look like a midevil fort over the winter but it should save me 3 hours with a pressure washer in the spring.

one more thing the 3 strap bimini mount did not fit the bimini cover on our 2012 2275GCW.  The bimini was much thicker than it was designed for.  You will need to add a small section of strap, a bungee, or if you know how to tie paracord that will work best.  I will try an post a pic later to show what I'm talking about.

Can you simply swap in the boat vent 3 or do you have to modify the hole? How does the the stopgull attach to the boat vent, is there an accessory piece? I can't quite tell from the pics online.

Simple swap-out.  I am thinking about getting a square piece of rubber, gluing it to the underside of the cover and then cutting a new hole.  One of our holes was cut a little too large at the factory and I prefer em tighter ;)

We also are sewing the bimini strap into the boot cover.  Will make installing and removing the stopgull a 10 second process instead of a couple of minutes with bungee cords and a busted knuckle when the bungee pops loose and nails you.

Sometimes the best defense is a good offence! My grandpap built these with Chrysler in Detroit, should rectify any aviary issue for sure! I've been told they did a pretty good job on Bettys and Zeros as well.

tmp_31778-bofors-guns-717876464.jpg

So I installed the stopgull product on my boat today.  I used the boat vent 3 on the 1st and 3rd vent positions and I was actually able to use their Bimini product on my Bimini without having to modify it.  I then attached the three stopgull airs and they are now spinning above the boat.  Hopefully this will keep the birds away!

In Virginia I tied 2 foil pie plates to the Bimini top after putting the boat away. It worked!

So I installed the stopgull product on my boat today.  I used the boat vent 3 on the 1st and 3rd vent positions and I was actually able to use their Bimini product on my Bimini without having to modify it.  I then attached the three stopgull airs and they are now spinning above the boat.  Hopefully this will keep the birds away!

No pics?

Back