Boarding/swim ladder

Do you deal with a local Bennington dealer? They can order the parts direct from Bennington. You have to go through a dealer as Bennington will not sell direct. This typically ensures you get the right part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah, forgot ......... WELCOME ABOARD !!!!! :D

This is from an old post (LT1GMC) it has the new telescoping ladders, they sure look like Bennington's. The strap is available in the accessories tab https://windline.com/index.php

Derrick

I'm trying to find a stock boarding/swim ladder for an '08 2275 GL. Any ideas?
This might be dumb, but what happened to the ladder that came with the boat?

Do you deal with a local Bennington dealer? They can order the parts direct from Bennington. You have to go through a dealer as Bennington will not sell direct. This typically ensures you get the right part.
If you can get the ladder like I have on the 2012 you will love it, longer than others and with bowed it is easy to get on or off no matter the water depth

This might be dumb, but what happened to the ladder that came with the boat?
Not dumb at all. Former owner says he took it off because he was worried about kids boarding near engine (prop) and it disappeared from garage. Nice fellow but probably good he got out of boating :)

If you can get the ladder like I have on the 2012 you will love it, longer than others and with bowed it is easy to get on or off no matter the water depth
Would you happen to have a picture?

Wish my ladder had that bow to it....is that only on the expensive models ?

My SLX has straight one.....Really like the bow on yours

Ron

Go to http://greatlakesskipper.com/ and search for ladders. They have surplus Bennington swim platforms/ladders and there are a couple listed that look just like the one on my 2574GLi. Good luck, I am sure they would be a bit cheaper than from the dealer.

PS: the dealer can furnish the 2012 new style longer bottom section of the ladder. They might try and tell you it will not fit, but it does perfectly on my boat. Should cost less than $100, and makes it ALOT easier for some people to get back on board.

FYI - the ladder from my 2275RL was made by Bearcat Corporation in Indiana. I called them at their 800 number and spoke to one of their tech support folks. My issue is also that the three step ladder wasn't long enough for comfort. I found that they are willing to sell a three step section to replace my two step section, the price seemed reasonable to me at $79 plus shipping, so I have one on order. Here's a before pic:

027_zpsdff144f4.jpg

We'll all have to wait a month or two for the after pic.

Finally got around to installing the 3 step lower ladder replacement. Had to drill out a couple pop rivets, but other than that, easy install. Here's the two lower sections side by side:

2013-07-03_14-08-27_662_zps539e64e3.jpg

The new section's lowest step is about 8" lower than the oem ladder - much more comfortable. Here's the end result:

2013-07-03_14-27-07_182_zps11121eb5.jpg

2013-07-03_15-23-52_562_zpsea3cb117.jpg

2013-07-03_15-24-17_313_zps0e31a370.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!

Gonna be MUCH easier boarding now !!!

Glad to see your pictures, JIm_R. After you drilled out the rivets, what did you use to attach the lower section? I located the bottom swing step like you have. Just want to make sure that I secure it the best way.

Brother beached the boat, kids put the ladder down and played and then he tried to back away!! POP, POP goes the ladder.

Any help would be appreciated. I have a 2275 GL with a 3 step. Will replace with a 4 step!

Thanks

Back