Boat cover question

tecthis

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a silly question. So I have noticed some water gathers in the rear of the boat on top of the cover and off to the side. I also noticed there is a buckle on top of the cover on both sides in the rear. Is this to snap in a strap across the 2 for tension or something to roll up the cover for storage and snap it together?

Otherwise, how else can I keep the water from gathering on the side rear? Poles are tensioned just fine.

Thanks!

Alex

Mine has a strap to go across the bimi top and pull up on the cover . Sounds like you are missing a strap!

If its a new boat, there should have been a strap included. As MILO851 said, it goes up over Bimini to pull the two corners up.

Wow. . . I just learned something !

I thought is was just a tie-down for when trailering lol

Yes, mine had the strap and I used to wrap it up over the bimini and cinch it to raise the back end of the cover up for the first year I had the boat. After the marina winteried and shrink wrapped it for the winter, when I got it in the springtime, the strap was gone. I tried a couple leftover straps/buckles I had from previous boat covers and the buckles do not fit.... So, anybody know if I can order a replacement strap or buckles?

Should be able to get them from your dealer Vince.

Would my 2005 Benny have that as well? I bought it used two years ago and of course I have the same issue with water so I just insert another pole in between the bench seat and the motor cover (I have the sun deck) and now I don't get water collecting there but would be great to have that strap. I don't recall seeing those buckles that are mentioned here though.

Keith, our 2006 has a fourth pole that is offset to go over the changing room. It's like a long "s".

Was JUST told by Bennington that the strap didn't come on boats until 2009/2010. However, they are sending me one now and then I will have my local canvas sewing company here sew the straps on my cover for this strap to work. Very cool.

Which is one of many reasons why they ARE the best.

Was JUST told by Bennington that the strap didn't come on boats until 2009/2010. However, they are sending me one now and then I will have my local canvas sewing company here sew the straps on my cover for this strap to work. Very cool.
+1

I also sent a request into Bennington and am getting one shipped!!!

I love you Bennington!!!

thanks,

Alex...
Bennington customer service rocks !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My boat didn't come with the Yamaha150, only the 115, hoping Bennington is going to send me one :rolleyes:

Okay, am i missing something here? This is what i received from Bennington. Is this broken or is it suppose to be 2 pieces?

DA42C94A-4170-439B-A6CC-4D680CDF6F52-2201-000001285B49CEE4_zps86663911.jpg

If it's correct, can someone kindly tell me how this is used? I understand it latches to the back of the cover and over the top, but then do i tie the other side, or is this thing broken?

thanks,

Alex...

Okay, am i missing something here? This is what i received from Bennington. Is this broken or is it suppose to be 2 pieces?

DA42C94A-4170-439B-A6CC-4D680CDF6F52-2201-000001285B49CEE4_zps86663911.jpg

If it's correct, can someone kindly tell me how this is used? I understand it latches to the back of the cover and over the top, but then do i tie the other side, or is this thing broken?

thanks,

Alex...
To me it doesn't look like it is all there .

On mine there are two of the short pieces attached to each stern corner of the cover .

The strap goes into one of the short ,then over the bimini then into the other corner piece then drawn tight .

You need another short one as shown. They BOTH get sewn to cover. You then need a loose buckle that goes on the other end of long strap that you adjust the tension with.

It is broken.

To clarify, your mooring cover should have two buckles already sewn on. The long strap should also have two buckles, one on each end. The picture just shows your strap having a buckle on just one end, and the other end is loose. I think my cover has two female buckles sewn in, and the strap has two male buckles at each end. One end of the strap also has the tension adjustment part of the buckle.

Something is definitely wrong. What does the cover look like? Are there two buckles sewn into it? If so, you just need a new strap. If not, you may need a new cover too...

Actually, just read your first post. YOU JUST NEED THE ADJUSTER BUCKLE FOR THE LONG STRAP. You stated you already have buckles sewn on your cover.

Edit: if your boat is new, it should have come with one. If it did not, notify dealer so they can provide you one.

Back