boat lift

wiredup55

Reaction score
I have gone through the search on old threads regarding boat lifts, and haven't really found an answer to what I am looking for.   I have a boat lift on a saltwater bay, not a lake, so a typical 4 piling 8000# boat lift.   It is now set up for my chris craft I am selling, so for a v bottom boat.  What mods have any of you done to that type of lift to accommodate your triple toon boat?   The boat on order is a 2016 2575 RSB with ESP.

I have seem some people using cages, I would like to avoid those as I don't have a lot of water to lower into.  

It seems like the easiest mod is to have 3 parallel 10-12' 2 x 10's with carpet on them, would that work?

Are all three tubes at the same draft?  or is the center one lower, thus changing the modification?

Any info is appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the specs on your boat? Might want to add them into the signature line. Not a saltwater expert but I would stay away from carpet.

What are the specs on your boat? Might want to add them into the signature line. Not a saltwater expert but I would stay away from carpet.
Thanks, yeah, I just added the model.  It's a 2575 RSB with ESP.

I have gone through the search on old threads regarding boat lifts, and haven't really found an answer to what I am looking for.   I have a boat lift on a saltwater bay, not a lake, so a typical 4 piling 8000# boat lift.   It is now set up for my chris craft I am selling, so for a v bottom boat.  What mods have any of you done to that type of lift to accommodate your triple toon boat?   The boat on order is a 2016 2575 RSB with ESP.

I have seem some people using cages, I would like to avoid those as I don't have a lot of water to lower into.  

It seems like the easiest mod is to have 3 parallel 10-12' 2 x 10's with carpet on them, would that work?

Are all three tubes at the same draft?  or is the center one lower, thus changing the modification?

Any info is appreciated!
All 3 toons are level across the bottom on a Bennington. Using the flat 2x10's should work great, no carpet.

My lift is on 4 pilings as well.  I contacted Bennington engineering department for my 25' ESP so as not to void any warranty.  I installed 3 sets of double rubber matted "V" bunks - one set for each toon.  The center set is set back the necessary distance to support the center toon/motor.  Get the longest sets of bunks your lift MFR makes.  I believe I have 16'.  

My lift is on 4 pilings as well.  I contacted Bennington engineering department for my 25' ESP so as not to void any warranty.  I installed 3 sets of double rubber matted "V" bunks - one set for each toon.  The center set is set back the necessary distance to support the center toon/motor.  Get the longest sets of bunks your lift MFR makes.  I believe I have 16'.  
Thank you, that's really my ideal set up.  Did you do the setup on your own?   What were your dimensions in the setup, how far between each bunk, etc?

Nice looking dock & camp rwatts, Benny not too bad either

Hey wiredup I can't find the sheet but perhaps if you search here or you can call Bennington (or your dealer can for you) they can send the CAD of your boat bottom so you have the precise measurements.  I didn't physically do it myself as my contractor installed a completely new lift for me as well as some other dock work.  For what it's worth, it was the only set up that engineering at Bennington ok'd.  

if you need help i can get the contact info of the MFR of the lift/bunks from my contractor and forward it to you - they were really good company to work with and the quality is tops.

Boards are bolted, I have the keels, it has slept there for 9 years without an issue. The lift is made by Hi-Tide in Florida. I believe you would need longer boards.

http://www.hi-tide.com

Back