Boat names.

I'm sorry to hear that Keith. I am dreading when that day comes for us. Our lab just turned 7 and we got him right after we got married. I'll be a wreck when that happens. Just remember all the good times and that will help get you through.

Thanks.  Man it has been rough too....not gonna lie.  We just had our twins 3 1/2 years ago so our dogs (mine was 12 and my wife's was 15 1/2) were our kids before our real kids.  That was my boating buddy.....LOVED going on that boat.  Would always run down the hill, down the dock and jump on the boat.  Once I got on the boat he would always jump up on to the sun deck where he would sit or lay down on regardless of how slow or fast I went.

I do have another pup coming (same breed) in early August.  That can't get here soon enough.  Hate not having a dog.

Anyway, sorry to rain on this thread.

I am also very sorry to hear that. My dobe is also 12 and slowing down by the day. He used to run 5 miles with me regularly or play fetch hard for 40 straight minutes. He now lasts about 5 mins and trips coming down the stairs. Getting old can suck. Take solace in the fact that you gave them a great life.

Yeah thanks.  He had laryngeal paralysis which basically is the vocal cords not opening when he takes a breath in like they should...so it's like breathing through a straw and you can imagine how difficult that becomes with any amount of running.  Hell the cold air would nearly kill him when he's go out to pee.  I'm certain he would have lived for at least another year if he wouldn't have had that cuz our vet even said he still had a strong heart.  I sure miss him.

Actually the only personal photo on my desk at work is of my dog, sitting on the Bennington! Hang in there. Tomorrow will get better and so on.

So sorry to hear that Keith.

Sorry to hear that Keith. We lost our Setter some time ago and hesitated to add a dog again as we like the flexibility to travel, etc. I couldn't stand it any longer and we added a Lab, who is my constant companion at work and home. I couldn't function without him now and he sure loves the Benny.

Looney Toonz II

Interesting that on our lake, virtually no one names their boats unless you consider "Ski Nautique", "Air Nautique", "Super Air", "Wakesetter", etc. to be it.

Not sure if I ever mentioned my boat name before; "Linked at Last"

Letting a pet go is never easy, I still miss my Doberman Thor...and he died 4 years ago.​

BAD NEWS

Because we all know that bad news travels fast...

My boat isn't named that, but my hopped up turbo Dodge Stealth has that for the license plate.  Kinda makes sense for the boat too!

The last boat was an all black runabout named "Wet Dream". This one, as the follow-up to that (and a midnight black Black-out Edition, of course), is being named "Black II Reality".

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that's a unique name!

Black to the future...

Actually the only personal photo on my desk at work is of my dog, sitting on the Bennington! Hang in there. Tomorrow will get better and so on.
Better hope your wife doesn't read that.

Now that's a unique name!
Thanks. Previous name was by co-owner buddy. This one compliments of an incredibly intoxicating weekend by the co-owners while in Chicago for the boat show. ;)

We liked the play on words that a boat name needs but as the inside joke that only those in our area that knew the previous boat will understand (not to mention being more discrete for those way too easily offended).

And for those who may have wondered, the all-black boats should explain the all-black profile image (not just due to my lack of technical forum capabilities)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Shangri la       It is in honor of my dad who retired from the US Navy and spent most of his time as a CPO on the US Shangi la CVA 38 aircraft carrier. The definition also fits the pontoon lake life (Shangri la: a remote beatiful imaginary place where life approaches perfection).

Back