Boat stolen from storage facility

Much better than what it could be, Great to hear you got your baby back!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Couldn't Be Happier For You 

Congrats on a great turnout.

Awesome news!! Sounds like it turned out 100 times better than it could have. 

Glad it all worked out for you

Just getting caught up on here and am super happy for the final result. Could have been a lot worse for sure! Trailer is easily enough replaced.

As I was reading this I pictured Carl and Daril getting geared up like a Starsky and Hutch about to go solve a case.

(maybe they did)

Just getting caught up on here and am super happy for the final result. Could have been a lot worse for sure! Trailer is easily enough replaced.

As I was reading this I pictured Carl and Daril getting geared up like a Starsky and Hutch about to go solve a case.

(maybe they did)

I'm pretty much out and about all over this area every day. I was definitely going to keep an eye out. That's why I asked for a description. But this lake is so big with so many nooks and crannies...........I'm happy for Moving Forward that they found it but at the same time shocked that it was still in this area unscathed. A good ending.

Most storage facilities do not cover personal property of others (PPO) because it would be almost impossible to place some type of total dollar value on such property because you could never really know what they are storing. And that's the other reason (really, I was storing the Mona Lisa, really!). Some insurance companies might give a small limit of insurance for PPO but normally that might be $5K or less and only payable if there were actual legal liability or negligence.  

My recommendation is to insure it yourself with a reputable company. There may be a good reason that one premium is more than another! Then, make sure you read your storage contract to see what they are liable for. If they do cover the loss, good for you. If not, you have your own insurance to pay the claim.

Ask me how I know... :)

Kind of like a thug who puts down a pillow before rolling you for your wallet.

Glad it ended well.

Some insurance companies require evidence of a break in before paying a claim for personal items, your trailer vin # may show up in the future, so I suggest you have the police enter it into their data base. If it is sold in a state that requires a license plate it should show up.

Update?!? Did they order another trailer for you?!?

post a pic and vin and I'll post on my Facebook page to "share". That's a fast way to get info across the country!! 

BK - meeting with claim adjuster Monday to look over the boat and give him a list of the missing items. After all said and done in theory it has cost me 500 and Aton of gray hairs.... I wondering if they will make me wait the full 40 days before they agree to replace the trailer. 

Back