Boone

PonTuna Salad

Reaction score
Even though I only personally know 3-4 of you, there is a bond that grows from being connected. Many of you that have been around a while know that the reason I switched from a bow rider to a Bennington is because of a dog. Five years ago my daughter adopted a white husky she named Boone after the town in NC where she went to college. Mrs Salad and I went to the boat show looking for a dog life jacket and wound up ordering a Bennington.

Since many of you knew the journey, I wanted to let you know we lost him this morning from a sudden attack of “twisted stomach” which put pressure on his organs. He died in the car on the way to the vet.

Sometimes you have to talk.

Attachments

• F1C21DA9-C816-472F-894C-35688F826F40.jpeg
    F1C21DA9-C816-472F-894C-35688F826F40.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Im sorry for your loss .

I am so sorry for the loss, particularly the circumstances of it. RIP Boone. RIP.

Thanks for all the condolences.

You are a very kind person. Boone was lucky to have you, as well as you to have him. My condolences.

Very sorry to hear about Boone! I remember meeting him and the rest of your family on your Benny at my sister in laws dock when you guys cruised by. Beautiful dog! Just a shame! How old was Boone?!?

So sorry to hear this. We lost our Largo in January this year. There will always be a void once their gone but each day you learn how to cope. Hang in there.

Not easy losing such a loyal friend

Very sorry to hear about Boone! I remember meeting him and the rest of your family on your Benny at my sister in laws dock when you guys cruised by. Beautiful dog! Just a shame! How old was Boone?!?
Abby would have had him 5 years next Saturday. She was told he was 11 months when she got him but based on the past couple of years I think he was older. I think he was about 7-8.

Sorry for your loss my friend.

So sorry for your loss. To some they are just a dog, to me they are family. May time help ease the pain. :(

I'm so sorry your Boone went over The Rainbow Bridge.

Rob Gibbs

What Semperfi said. They become members of your family. Very beautiful dog. Sorry for your loss.

Thanks everyone. Of all the dogs I have had, this is the first one that bothered me when we lost him. Maybe because he became my daughters best friend, he loved being in my backyard and wanted to be everyone’s pal. We went and picked him up last night. Brought a lot of comfort to her having him back home. She isn’t ready to take him back with her yet so he will hang with grandad and grandmom until she is ready. I hate to say it, but I lost my 84 year old father about 2 months ago and this was harder on me. Maybe because I knew his time was near and with Alzheimer’s he had been gone for a few years anyway and I had made my peace with it. Boone was quick and sudden. He was a beautiful, well mannered dog. We will miss him. Helps to talk about with my “friends”.

Losing my boy after 16-2/2 years, I’ve read a ton of stuff on pet loss. Many studies have stated, that other than the loss of a child or spouse, losing a pet can be as hard, and many times, harder than losing a parent, grandparent or sibling. The theory is, the natural separation, and depending on age, the expectation of death to be within a certain window of time . As parents age, we tend to prepare ourselves (as much as possible) for the inevitable.

I wanted to give you an update. I got locked out of my account and finally found my password. Anyway, we still have a hole in our heart for Boone, we as a family found that hole created more room to help others. After Boone’s death, my oldest daughter (not Boone’s owner) was looking for husky rescue organizations to donate. She found one about 2 hours away. In talking to the rescuer, she learned they had just gotten a Siberian Husky pair and the female was expecting. Well to shorten the story, my oldest adopted the mother - Mia, our youngest adopted a pup - Fairbanks and Mrs. Salad and I adopted a pup - Peyton (Manning). The pups are now 14 weeks. The entire family was adopted out.

We have also been helping the rescue out with donations and my son-in-law and I built them an agility course for the rescue to help rehab their dogs.

Just wanted to let you all know that even though we unexpectedly lost Boone, we have gained 3 others and help countless others.

This opened my eyes and I encourage each of you to visit/support a local rescue.

Attachments

• 89BD0482-7D18-4BAE-8CA7-2EE4B84FE097.jpeg
    89BD0482-7D18-4BAE-8CA7-2EE4B84FE097.jpeg
    351.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 1FE20DC3-1ACD-4DE4-81D7-8DF66E859752.jpeg
    1FE20DC3-1ACD-4DE4-81D7-8DF66E859752.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 87C7C38E-DE5A-48E3-8ACE-D72E956F678B.jpeg
    87C7C38E-DE5A-48E3-8ACE-D72E956F678B.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 5DBD77AC-68B0-4B01-983D-53152C816DBD.jpeg
    5DBD77AC-68B0-4B01-983D-53152C816DBD.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 17
I wanted to give you an update. I got locked out of my account and finally found my password. Anyway, we still have a hole in our heart for Boone, we as a family found that hole created more room to help others. After Boone’s death, my oldest daughter (not Boone’s owner) was looking for husky rescue organizations to donate. She found one about 2 hours away. In talking to the rescuer, she learned they had just gotten a Siberian Husky pair and the female was expecting. Well to shorten the story, my oldest adopted the mother - Mia, our youngest adopted a pup - Fairbanks and Mrs. Salad and I adopted a pup - Peyton (Manning). The pups are now 14 weeks. The entire family was adopted out.

We have also been helping the rescue out with donations and my son-in-law and I built them an agility course for the rescue to help rehab their dogs.

Just wanted to let you all know that even though we unexpectedly lost Boone, we have gained 3 others and help countless others.

This opened my eyes and I encourage each of you to visit/support a local rescue.
We were lucky enough to have our husky for 17 years! I cried like a baby when we had to put him down! Sorry for your loss but congratulations on the new family!

Back