Boyne Thunder,7/9/22

Jack M

Reaction score
From a annual Poker Run ,southwest of me . Forgot the blower ? FB_IMG_1657458756315.jpg

I cannot imagine. Hopefully everyone was safe, and they have the proper insurance coverage. Yikes!!!

Wow, crazy seeing that. Could also be a clogged, or worn out (forgot to change out) impeller. Overheating can happen pretty quick. I‘ve seen 2 boat fires on inboard/outboard over the last 3 years because of it ( not my boat, but I’m pretty religious about changing the impeller every 3 years if it needs it or not).

That’s one way to get out from a boat payment!

I've been told by a very wise and experienced on water first responder that fire extinguishers and such on a boat are more often a hindrance. People are harmed more by trying to find and use them, rather than getting everyone into life jackets and off the boat as quickly as possible. There is precious little time to react and be effective at all.

This was a Skater cat, very high performance, with huge supercharged or turbocharged motors, lots of cooling water needed, etc. Much can go wrong there. This one had an automatic onboard fire suppression system, which triggered properly, but it couldn't contain the fire due to its intensity. Glad all were able to escape ok in this case.

Not much left of it.

Boyne Thunder.jpg

A friend has a Skater 38 with twin (if I recall correctly) 1100 HP engines. I wouldn't ride really fast with just anyone, but his resume meets my criteria. He and I went 126 MPH. My wife rode with he and his girlfriend and they went 142.
Rooster Tails and Cocktails.JPG

All that water and no way to extinguish that poor boats fire.

A friend has a Skater 38 with twin (if I recall correctly) 1100 HP engines. I wouldn't ride really fast with just anyone, but his resume meets my criteria. He and I went 126 MPH. My wife rode with he and his girlfriend and they went 142.
View attachment 33033

I do not have a death wish, but leaving this world at a buck fifty on the water would sure beat waiting for heart disease to run it's course!

Back