Bunks for boat lift

mareininga

Reaction score
I just bought my first pontoon and I have a question about putting it on a lift. I plan to modify my 4000# Lakeshore lift by adding bunks to make two V shaped bunks on each side for the pontoons to sit on. My question is how long do the bunks need to be? Do they have to be the whole length of the pontoons or is some overhang acceptable. I have a 23' Bennington 2275 GL. Thanks for any advice.

The bunks on my ShoreStation are 14' long and work great. I support the toons right to the rear caps as a priority which is where the weight typically is (engine, fuel, etc.).

This is ours, you don't need "v" shaped bunks.

gallery_1200_147_2222868.jpg

I prefer to have bunks under the flat part of the toons.  From the rear of the nosecones to within 3' of the rear of the boat.  My 24SSLX is about 23' long and the nosecones are about 4' of it.  I have 18' of supports, and it fits great.

thanks, getting ready for new boat. looks like yours is carpeted. Is it ok with carpet? someone told me to put plastic boards over the carpet to stop possible electrolisys.

I'm needing to convert my lift to support a tri-toon (22 SPS), from the current v-hull setup. Can someone provide a good (reasonably priced) source for chocks/bunks? Thanks, in advance...

Tom

I don't know what type of lift you have, but this is ours.

I don't know what type of lift you have, but this is ours.

I have the same type lift as yours. Mine, though, is set up with two sets of 2x12s running length-wise in order to support a v-hull. What I need are the bunk and brackets to bolt yo the existing 4" cross channels. I've seen a few different configurations,or types. looking at the ones on Lakeliving's lift, they would work to. I've been searching for a good source...

Tom

The three boards are easier than bunks.

I agree...I'm just worried about the wieght of the boat, supplies, and people walking on the boat while it's still in the sling. It's probably not an issue...

Back